• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Flowmaster 17220 Turbo Downpipe and Crossover Kit

Gunar

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

I searched already here in the Forum and write to a member...

Can anyone tell me if this Kit at a 1995 6.5 Tahoe 2 door 4 wd fits or whether it fits with changes or not at all ?Or is there a kit in size what fits by other manufacturers?

Flowmaster 17220 Turbo Downpipe and Crossover Kit

Thank you...

Gunar

It should fit. Are you buying from USA? Do you still have the cat? Are you required to keep it? FloPro also makes a cross over and exhaust system. I run FloPro cross over and a DiamondEye exhaust.
Let me know if I can help.

Hello Leroy,

Thank you for your Answer!

I have ordered one from a German Dealer.

He had made me a good Price and I can bring back the VAT me with us.

Gunar

Hi Friends,

The Work is done - I have build in the new Parts...sounds not bad...

Problem is now I have only a maximum Boostpressure of 2.9 PSI... is that on the larger Diameters?

I have no Muffler or Cat... do I need now more Backpressure so I again have enough Boost ?

Greetings
Gunar

Hi ak,

I'm again have controlled all ... nowhere is soot or press exhaust gases to the outside.

The intake manifold is tight...

My old crossover had a long Cut...boost was ok...

After my head gasket change last week I have found now Blowbye gases from the dipstick and oil at the Turbo outlet (direction upper intake manifold)

Do I have now my next Problems?

Greetings and Merry Christmas...

Gunar

Hello to all,

I could not eliminate even until my Problem...

I have still no Boostpressure.

I have changed my Boost Pressure Sensor, because I had a Code, but the Problem is still not solved...

I've do also a Pressure Test of my Intake System.

Now it's time for a new Turbo?I have 380000 km on the Clock...

Thanks...

Gunar

it is very doubtful that your turbo is going bad. If you are positive that the new crossover pipe is NOT leaking, then I would say the drop in boost is caused by an issue with the vaccum controlled wastegate, it is just coincidental that it happened at the same time as the crossover pipe change. leaking plastic lines is common, and a bad pump and wastegate actuator are less common, but still happen frequently. the way to see if the system is operating correctly is to try to move the wastegate open by hand, with the engine idling. if it moves freely, or easily, you have issues. if you can barely open it/ not open it at all, then the system is healthy.

as far as the blowby, a video would allow everyone to make their best judgement of how much blowby you have.

have you overheated it recently? have a mis-installed air filter? run a K&N air filter?

My blowby really ratcheted up significantly towing on old injectors... I knew they needed to be changed, just ran out of time and I figured what does another few thousand miles hurt. Wrong answer. How many miles on the injectors? Are you towing with the truck?

X2 on the vacuum pump, lines, and wastegate check. Are you getting any codes? Also you might want to check the wastegate solenoid on the driver side valve cover.

Hello GM Guy...Hello Chevypoor,

I have installed a spring to keep the Wastegate constantly closed.

I have 2 codes-32 and 33...my vacuum pump creates no vacuum.

I have no original air filter ... i have one from a Accessories Shop , pyramid shaped as some here also to drive him.

I use my Tahoe as an everyday car.

I drive very little Kilometers with a trailer.

I changed my injectors before approximately 15-20000 km(9-13000 Miles)

I'm must take a video ... but I can say i don't have so much gas as some others here shown in other treats.

Greetings
Gunar

If your vacuum pump is not working then there is your problem. The factory wastegate works off of vacuum. However if your wastegate is held shut by your spring then it should build more boost unless the spring is week and allowing the wastegate to open too soon.

Hello Leroy and Chevypoor,

My pressure gauge works well.

The display goes to 19 PSI.

My pressure with my defective boost pressure sensor(Code 62) was 4 PSI.

With my new boost pressure sensor, he is no more than 2 PSI...!

The spring that I have attached to the Wastegate is tight enough and does not open my Wastegate.

Greetings
Gunar

You might need a stronger spring. It must be opening while driving.

Back