• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Flexplate bolts

Reaction score
Guys, are the flexplate bolts the same size as flywheel bolts on a 94 K2500? Looking for a good source other than the stealer ship.

Same thread, but I would think you need shorter flexplate bolts. Look at your local auto parts store, should have in a Mr Gasket or other brand. BBC should be the same too.

BBC? Rock auto doesn't have flexplate bolts but they do have flywheel bolts in the manual transmission section. Same with my local NAPA. LMC Truck shows a diagram and they use the same part for both flexplate/flywheel applications.

Big Block Chevy.

Maybe they are the same? Ive not fooled around with flywheel trucks to know, but every other app I can think of uses longer bolts to hold flywheel to crank. Flexplate uses shorter.

Sorry I think I made a mistake. Are you talking about the flex plate to converter bolts or flex plate to crank bolts? I was talking about the converter ones. The truck I was refering to was my '96 6.5 automatic

I'd say go with Advance if you can get them local they are 11/16" long. Orileys were .900 long (almost 1"). I have a busted BBC crank here I was going to see if the thread pitch is the same as 6.5. Im sure it is though.

No advance here... But the Internet delivers so thinking about going with the ARP from somewhere. Only have OReilly and Napa in Hawaii.

Did I ever say Auto parts is very cut throat?

My cost is $8.91 I found them online for $8.92 + $11 shipping to me in Tx. To Hi ??
I'd say do a google search and you'll see them.
Sorry couldint help, in a $9 part there just isint any meat left for me.

Back