• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

flaky internet connection

trouttrooper

Big Blocks ROCK!!!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on, but it's getting rather annoying.

The last couple days my primary laptop is randomly loosing internet connection. The self diagnostic always says it's an outside problem between the router and server, however my older laptop is connecting just fine. If I close firefox and then disconnect/reconnect the wireless on the computer it will come back.

Currently running a full scan, but my guess is I don't have a virus or maleware. My reason is because the laptop just underwent a windows update cycle just before this happened that required a reboot and it had a lot of registry updates. Now I have this problem. I have noticed that it seems like I have to close firefox before the disconnect/reconnect cycle or it won't work. Not 100% sure on that though.

I know this isn't a lot of information and it may not be relevant, but am I missing a simple solution to this? Honestly I'm just not in the right mood to deal with it now. My older laptop now wants to reboot to do the windows update but I'm not letting it do it.

Always reboot a PC first. It solves 99% of the problems.

Trend Micro has been flaky recently with internet connections coming out of suspend mode. What virus scanner you running?

Was there any driver updates you opted to install?

Did you go to help and about in firefox to see if it is updated?

Hehe. This problem was back in February. Solution was uninstall and reinstall Firefox. Something apparently glitched that couldn't fix itself.

Back