• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

First LML off the Assembly Line

Nice!:thumbsup: Can't wait to see the new Sierras too. Maybe it's just me but the differentials and UCAs looked different.

AWESOME!!! The first truck has CAB LIGHTS & TOWING MIRRORS, WOOOOOOOT!!!

Also worthy of note, the second one is headed to WA.

Nice!:thumbsup: Can't wait to see the new Sierras too. Maybe it's just me but the differentials and UCAs looked different.

The rear diff with fins on the housing in the first pic is the corporate 10.5" for the 6.0 gasser. You can also tell by the bolted pinion retainer. If you look at the next one down, it's the AAM 11.5 for the Dmax.

Definitely cool!

I thought they only assembled the CC's in Flint, MI.

I want to test drive one in the worst way. Same as the New Super Dutys. Hope one of those new trucks is coming down to the Pine Belt in Jersey.

My understanding is that they go rid of the "clam-shell" style differential and went to one with an actual "cover" similar to the solid axles in order to allow the addition of a locker on the front end. Imagine that... A Chevy that is capable of having lockers on BOTH ends that is newer than 1993. IMHO, if Chevy does this right and makes there IFS as strong as they are "claiming" they have made it, this could really turn the truck market around for GM once people catch enough wind of it.

Jamie, you can put an electric locker in the AAM 9.25 already.

Looks like it still has the same weenie little tie rods.

Jamie, you can put an electric locker in the AAM 9.25 already.

Looks like it still has the same weenie little tie rods.

Yes, but you really can't expect GM to cater to the market of of diesel nuts. In reality we are a very little percentage that actually use there truck for racing, etc..

Just like we would like to have a built Allison from the factory, but it all boils down to the average consumer for the GM Diesel Market is using it to pull heavy loads, and what it has makes it perfectly fine for the consumer.

i was just looking at the facebook pics of that red reg cab chevy, was that a LML? I thought the hoods were different than the LMM's, it looked the same.

i was just looking at the facebook pics of that red reg cab chevy, was that a LML? I thought the hoods were different than the LMM's, it looked the same.

Hoods are the same. The badge is different as it has "HD" added to the end of "Duramax"

I went past the plant last night and they have quite a few trucks in the shipping yard. I figured something was up when I saw a big white tent with a lot of lights in the lot.

I went past the plant last night and they have quite a few trucks in the shipping yard. I figured something was up when I saw a big white tent with a lot of lights in the lot.

I wonder what's up??

My guess would be media previews, we had some rain that day so they may have been planning around that. Its hard to drive by and see all those nice shiny new trucks but my trusty 2005 is gonna have to make it at least 5 more years....:thumbsup:

Back