• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

First Duramax

steelman02

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and to the diesel world. I just bought a 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the 3.0 liter Duramax. So far no complaints, and lets hope it stays like that.

20210104_1722172.jpg

Welcome to The Truck Stop, steelman02. Nice truck you have there. I could be wrong, but I think your the first one on this forum with the 3.0 Liter, GM 1500, Duramax.

Alot of us will be wanting info about fuel mileage and the durability of the truck.
Thanks for the welcome, so far I have not been doing much hwy driving its been mostly in town and I am averaging about 24MPG. This truck is by far the best riding truck that I have ever owned, quiet and smooth. The only complaint that I have with the truck is, at times at low throttle the injectors knock very loud. This did not start until I had over 500 miles on the truck. I have been reading up on this and it seems like a common issue with this engine, I hope GM comes up with a fix soon.

I hope GM comes up with a fix soon.

Welcome.

And welcome to the GM Beta Testing Program. That said if you don't have an extended warranty from GM you best get one. (Non-OEM warranties can suck like the krap Fidelity offers.) Otherwise diesels are known to knock, ping, clatter, make typewriter ticking noises, and you get told by GM it's normal, won't affect durability, etc. Even the gas engines are all "like a knock" from piston slap was "normal". Even the 2000 M.Y. 4.3L V6 was known to rattle loudly due to timing chain noise from the balance shafts. I spoke to GM and they said the guy next to him was designing a timing chain tensioner for the V6... For later model years only. One time I was glad it was a lease and it went back at the end of the lease.

You got other things to worry about.

Back