• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Firefox

BigO-L3

Reb...very non PC
Reaction score
deep in the heart of Dixie...Kentwood, La.
Anyone else finding 'problems' with the latest Firefox?

Now, if I shut it down, and try to restart it later, it tells me it is already running and will not come up. I have to shut the puter down and restart. It has has other 'kinks' that were not present until the latest update.:mad2:

I wish I had not updated it.

Anyone else finding 'problems' with the latest Firefox?

Now, if I shut it down, and try to restart it later, it tells me it is already running and will not come up. I have to shut the puter down and restart. It has has other 'kinks' that were not present until the latest update.:mad2:

I wish I had not updated it.

Hello Otis,

Until a fix/update/restore resolves it, try this: (assuming you are running WinXP)

1. Press [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del]
2. Click on "Processes" tab
3. Find and right-click on "Firefox.exe"
4. Left-click on "End Process" or "End Process Tree"
5. Click on "Yes" to the Task Manager Warning to terminate the process

Good luck.

Franko

Hello Otis,

Until a fix/update/restore resolves it, try this: (assuming you are running WinXP)

1. Press [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del]
2. Click on "Processes" tab
3. Find and right-click on "Firefox.exe"
4. Left-click on "End Process" or "End Process Tree"
5. Click on "Yes" to the Task Manager Warning to terminate the process

Good luck.

Franko

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa...........you are light yrs ahead of me:D

Thanks for the tip. I will try that.............IF, I can remember the steps.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa...........you are light yrs ahead of me:D

Thanks for the tip. I will try that.............IF, I can remember the steps.

Sorry... you made me laugh, though...

It's called the three-fingered-salute... it brings up Task Manager. Be careful because you can freeze your PC if you terminate the wrong process.

You can also use the same Task Manager to make certain things work faster (but that's a different topic... I might start a new thread for that), troubleshoot and identify malicious software, etc.

Let us know if it works...

Regards,
Franko

I was having the same problems, I would have to restart every 10-30 min. I changed from Avast antivirus to Avira and the problem seemed pretty much gone. I did however try your fix anyway Franko. It hasn't needed a restart since.

Thanks

after being a strong firefox advocate for over 10 years, i must admit the latest (and well known bugs just like you described plus bookmark issues etc.) have made me switch to chrome.

I have used it for several weeks now and must say i think i will stay.

i feel kinda bad about it but as the latest bugs cannot be ignored anymore,
i had to do it.

I'm switched from IE to firefox and will never go back. There's such a huge difference in the way everything operates.

Anybody else download the latest firefox version:D? This one lets you select a Persona. Essentially you can now have a background in the address bar area. Its pretty neat I'll say.

Though I was annoyed by it at first. Type in Diesel and it shows an old Mercedes Benz and that's it. Then typed in truck and found a very good lookin semi :D

Back