• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

finaly got started

malibu795

misspleelleer..........
Reaction score
on my engine build dropped the block off with guy trip monday morning. got to bore the block out .020 to clean up a split piston mess in the block. ( bought the block knowing about it)

rods, head/main studs, HD bearings cut pistons, keyed cam/crank and balance with needed gaskets should be just under ~7,000 in parts/mahince labor and ready for assembly. if i was able to re use stock piston it would have been ~1500 less.

That sounds great. Sorry to hear about your split piston though. What rods are you going with?

i didnt split a piston. i spun the main, ripped the block and crank when i lost my injector back in 12 months ago.

the block i bought is a LBZ block. billet crower rods that guy stocks.

plan is to have everything ready by friday/saturday time frame... dont know how that is going to turn out... since i know he is going to sema next week

pending when he gets done with the stuff i could have a running truck as early as 5th penind any minor issues

i didnt split a piston. i spun the main, ripped the block and crank when i lost my injector back in 12 months ago.

the block i bought is a LBZ block. billet crower rods that guy stocks.

plan is to have everything ready by friday/saturday time frame... dont know how that is going to turn out... since i know he is going to sema next week

pending when he gets done with the stuff i could have a running truck as early as 5th penind any minor issues

WOW:eek:! That is some damage. I am glad you are soon to be up and running. Good luck with the build and we will be waiting for those pics and the startup vid, if you can get one of course.:D

thought i would post some pics of what i have been doing while waiting..
l_b7b4e7c35a164dca95926743106bc82a.jpg

.316 wall pipe 2" ID 2.625" OD weighs 8lb a foot
l_9bd8aec8a52845d5b87e8ef54fed585c.jpg

14k towbar/ traction bars
l_ebc534fa4c824c9da71ca14ffb76ae6f.jpg

75 K25 4WD 350/350/203 with 285/75R16 cooper ATRs pull the 350 out put my 305 in, fixed the transmison housing (broke the tail due to an unbalanced drive shaft and bassicly non exceitant tranny montts) u-jionts on the front drive shaft front axle need the u-joints installed and axle seals. stock lift
l_734cbf2b240a4e05b261c8a925f147de.jpg

l_904474d0541b4f4c9624eea80f8d8789.jpg

l_5afd8e1a762b456e9c76aea5250a4b3a.jpg

l_b2d49ab36bfd4ed196475f60c9c40675.jpg

the plan is to flat tow the 75 back behind my 02. the female couple is a 2 5/16 rated for 14000#GVW and 2100# tongue load. i will get better pic tomorrow with my cam

posted this on mcrats site

i am flat towing my 75 K25

i tripped the state weigh station plate (ca/AZ line) so i got weighed.. 16,200lb GCW with only 2 set of brakes grade brakeing is a god send right now striaght lien stopping is adequeat... corners almost instant jack knife on mod to heavy braking

use 1.5-2qt of oil between moorpark and gallup NM topped off agian hasnt used any since. i have roughly 1900 miles onthe motor thus far.. mpg is 12 (moorpark to bartow) 11(barstow to gallup NM) 13 (gallup to amarillo) running 70-75 the whole time next fillup will be somewere near tera huete

tune is the same as when it died on me. minus pulled timeing from running @ altiutde had little timeing knock. @ low throttle. other then that nothing change in tuneing... EGT guage doesnt work so dont know about that.. quick check power, visible check were good... didnt have the time to diagnose farther so i said **** it..

down shifted 3 times to maintian speed. both were 9-10% grades on in kingman the other in flag staff on the I40 and once in the rolling hills in eastern NM
and johny normally i would double check my work or just prove some one right ot wrong... if i had the time... but i ran out of time worse thing right now is i got a rocker arm tick on #2 that will get re adjusted when i get to ohio. and possible the once used stock head bolts

motor def has more power the is for sure...
some reason cant get into my TCM with my V2.. but that is nother problem to deal will later... shift point could be better. mainly TCC engagement... i will post pick of the setup later

Back