• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FINALLY

Dan Hunter

Truck Terrorist
Reaction score
I put a 4" straight pipe on the 94 TD along with a Heath chip and a fresh set of injectors. Wow.

Yeah, the first few days the poor old truck spent a fair amount of time with the APP pegged. Now, I'm trying to predict and easy through the firm shifts and take advantage of the modified shift points.

Honestly, I'd come to hate the truck and I still have some issues with it. I'd rather sit on a milk box than the seat but I'm going to pull it out and get the local junior high school girls to stuff it back up on the port side. Still, stonk is stonk and the thing really impresses me now. The justification for the money spent was to ensure that it'd comfortably pull the JD 3720 that arrives soon.

That sounds great! If you think that was a big difference try upgrading turbos, that would really take advantage of your mods!

There was no video, I was just saying great to to what he had posted.

But hell if hes got a video, I would be more then happy to watch it! I love hearing the 6.5s, I cant hear mine now cause its down for repair.

Good luck taking it easy, after driving my truck for so long then finally getting the Heath tune it took months to not be all over the loud pedal.

I continue to be surprised at how easy it starts...no smoke or disorganization/stumble since the injectors went in. Sure runs smoother too. I'm glad I finally got the originals out before I started towing.

Thats great! I need to change the ones on my Isuzu. Hopefully get an increase in MPG's too.

21 mpg on this tank with mostly 65mph highway driving. Stunning. The only thing I don't like is that with a light APP application it doesn't like to make the final shift at 48. It whines a touch. The easy answer is to just not accelerate so mildly. Also, I make a point of using the app to dis-engage the descent feature and get the torque converter to unlock. It's a good compromise.

I pulled the tractor (700 at the hitch and close to 7000 for the loaded trailer) to the ranch for the first time and it did well. The transmission wanted to downshift on hills when I was doing 65 mph (3.42 gears) - the speed I normally maintain for fuel mileage when I'm on four lane 70 mph roads. Doing 70 eliminated that and I would think it's nicer to the transmission. On hills at 70 mph, I saw 11 psi and 850 max (measured pre-turbo). I'd hate to think what the engine would have been going through without the mods. The P3 Tekonsha did a great job masking the 3.5 tons behind the truck during braking. The best part of the trip was rolling down the window, turning off the AC and listening to the straight pipe roar with the APP pegged as it came up to speed from a dead stop to cruising speed.

Back