• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Finally happened

vail426

Reaction score
Driving home a couple weeks ago and I smell coolant. I don't like that. Then low coolant lamp laughs at me, but the truck was running fine. I was close to home and made it back no problem. I opened the hood and noticed coolant coming out the overflow tube, and with a closer look there were bubbles in the expansion tank. Oh well,:banghead: now the fun begins, I thought. I tore the heads off in record time and the drivers side head gasket was doo-doo. I have to say that EVERY fastener came off that engine with no problems, including the exhaust. I put in new Heath injectors as well as glow plugs as I was doing the heads. That, at least made that part easy. Of course all new hoses, coolant--You know. I was gonna do the water pump and timing components, but I did not have the jing. Got it back together and with a little effort (air) it puffed to life and runs good. It is a time consuming job, but not as difficult as I anticipated. Just take your time and keep things organized.

Last edited:
Back