• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

finally got my oil leak fixed

Edzzed

Reaction score
had an oil leak for the last 3 months. i'm worried they are going to want to drill for oil in my driveway. the old plug was looking a little rough when i did an oil change 3 months ago. i ran down to canadian tire and picked up a new oil drain plug. tightened er up and was good to go till i noticed oil on the driveway. it was weeping out of the new oil plug. i ordered a new fumoto plug from kennedy. and laid cardboard and sand out in the driveway. couldn't see the sense in pulling the plug till i needed to. why waste perfectly new black oil. one of my co-workers even asked me if i was leaking and said yup gotta figure out where it is coming from. anyhow the plug from canadian tire has a fitted rubber seal on it. problem is if it were a little wider it would have sealed better. as it is i think the metal on metal hit before it sealed as the threading in the pan is recessed a wee bit. guess it was leaking past the threads. while i was at canadian tire i picked up a bottle of windshield wiper fluid boost. the msds said it was 90-99% methanol. not sure what the other 1-10% is though. it was 1.99 for 500ml. mixed with water in my 25 liter WMI tank should make it 4-5% mixture. but i had some window wash already in there so we will see. Ed

Huh thats strange. I never honestly heard of drain plugs leaking. But, im sure they do! Atleast you got yours fixed! :yesnod:

Back