• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

finally broke down and bought a new one

Pepperidge

Member Advocate
Reaction score
The old laptop is just struggling too much as of late...

so I ordered this one

dell from bestbuy

probably more power than I'll ever use...but still only a middle of the road laptop...

Last edited:
Crap. Are you hinting that my p3-750 Vaio with WinME is no longer suitable?

I'm hurt. ):h

Ha Ha...don't know...but if yours works keep it...I wish mine would have kept going strong but the kids knocked it off the arm of the couch a couple times and broke both usb ports and the a/c charging port, so I had to buy a docking station just to have a single USB port and a/c adapter port for the past 6 or 8 months...
):h

Good luck with the new computer Paul.

BTW it's called a laptop computer for a reason. ):h

Laptop huh?

:nono:That's what is called "crotch pot cooking" :eek:
...at least with the old dinosaur I had...:nonod:

maybe the new one will build less heat:smile5:

That's a real nice one Pep. I got my Dell Inspiron 1525 from Best Buy almost 2 years ago. Pretty much the base model, but I needed something for work at the time working out of my truck out on the line, and the only problem I have had with it was about 6 months after I bought it, the hard drive crashed. Took it to their geek squad and had them put in a new hard drive with 465 GB. Not too sure what the hell that means, but it is about 3 times the amount of memory it had when I bought it. Since then, I have had no problems with it. As for the heat issue, hopefully yours stays cooler then mine. The only real complaint I have of mine, is that it does heat up fairly good, so keeping it in my lap for more then 15 minutes... well, lets just say the boys get pretty warm... Stays pretty cool when it's sitting on the table or there is some air to move under the laptop.

Well it came in today...

I'm still working on making it more like my old one...tweaks, bookmarks etc...

well honestly... I hated to spend the $ but the old one was getting to the ponit it was just unmanageable...

Back