• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Feed the Beast Fittings and Kit available now!

Veg_Out

Walking J Designs
Reaction score
Here you are folks, by popular demand, the FTB fittings kit, or the critical machined fitting for your 6.5 IP inlet. Linky.

We have learned that many of you want to customize your fuel delivery system your way, so a complete kit, while still nice to offer isn't that popular. But a fittings kit, now that would work.

Some folks are concerned about the aluminum for the machined part, I am not, and am offering a full 2 year warranty on it from Walking J. If you whallop it with a hammer, that's your fault, if it fails under standard operating conditions in a hopped up 6.5, that's my problem, and a new one will be headed your way.

Special thanks to Tim and Slim for their counsel.

We will be adding additional FTB fittings and parts to the site over time, nothing immediately, but as testing gets completed, we will do it.

Attachments

• IMG_0953.jpg
    IMG_0953.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 100
Thank You much!!

So the IP fitting is steel, and the elbow is aluminum?

The most difficult part of FTB is the lower IP fitting, and I dont think there is any good way to sell that, as there probably is no source for them to mod to sell.

I was happy to find some 1/8" MPT to 3/8" hose barb with just the one smooth lip on the barb end. That way the fuel line doesnt grab when you pull it off, which is impossible without ruining the end. That may be another one to offer, it was hard to find, I had to go back behind the Autozone counter in the racks and search through unorganized fitting drawers and came across some, but no one else carried them and NAPA was ridiculous price to order stuff if it wasnt in stock.
FTB FM fitting-small.jpg
This is not the 1/8"MPT to 3/8" barb, it is 1/4"MPT to 1/4" barb, but it is the style I like to use on fuel hose. And that is a 1/8"NPT tap, not relevant to the fitting.

Absolutely. Nice work! Here is what I have on my FTB'd filter mgr. As mentioned in another thread, it has that yellow ring around it, allowing it to unthread from the filter manager without removing the Hose at all. May have a similar thing up there in the picture with the yellow ring.

I think its called quick-lock or swivel-lock or something. I scored this unit on the bay. When the fitting is threaded on tight, it pulls the 2 halves together forming a sort of compression seal between the 2 halves. Pretty nice thingy.

See where the WIF sensor attaches here? There was some sort of grease or something there when I took it off to soak it in WD-40. What goes back on there? Any sealant?

I wonder if you contacted Stanadyne if you could order a box of thos IP inlets to bore out, and sell??

Attachments

• Flt Mgr 006.JPG
    Flt Mgr 006.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Flt Mgr 007.JPG
    Flt Mgr 007.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Flt Mgr 008.JPG
    Flt Mgr 008.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Flt Mgr 009.JPG
    Flt Mgr 009.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I want two! That steel IP fitting it is -6AN right?

After drilling the AL one out I was worried about tightening it down and snapping it off.

Anyone with a power chip needs to do the FTB mod, and get a better LP. Even with the GMX turbo. If you have a chip outputting 30-40% more fuel you need to do this mod

I want two! That steel IP fitting it is -6AN right?

After drilling the AL one out I was worried about tightening it down and snapping it off.

Anyone with a power chip needs to do the FTB mod, and get a better LP. Even with the GMX turbo. If you have a chip outputting 30-40% more fuel you need to do this mod

I will gladly sell you two? I'm not sure on the -6AN, lemme find out for you. It fits from the top of the IP into JIC swivel.

Thanks again,

Patrick

Last edited:
I will gladly sell you two? I'm not sure on the -6AN, lemme find out for your. It fits from the top of the IP into JIC swivel.

Thanks again,

Patrick

Thanks and sorry, 3/8" JIC would be equal to -6AN, except thread class, they are both 37 degree pitch. So if its 3/8" JIC its all good, both have 9/16-18 threading. Slightly confusing because the namings are related to the hose that attaches to it instead of the thread size.

Been there done this already, but it is nice now to have someone who sells the fittings in a package, as opposed to searching for them one by one like I had to do. Do you sell the section of fuel line with it too? That could be an idea as well. Make it a complete package deal.

Your website mentions machining needed. What exactly needs to be done? Do I have to remove the IP for this upgrade or ................?

Your website mentions machining needed. What exactly needs to be done? Do I have to remove the IP for this upgrade or ................?

In order to complete this upgrade, you will need to drill and tap your existing fuel manager. You will not need to remove the IP. Instructions are included with the kit.

Thank you!

In order to complete this upgrade, you will need to drill and tap your existing fuel manager. You will not need to remove the IP. Instructions are included with the kit.

Thank you!

Hmm, i think im going to have to do this before i get my truck back together. I will have to wait till payday tho, real short on funds....

Back