• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Father vs Son

Louisianarebel

Fits gonna hit the SHan soon
Reaction score
My stepdad wants to race all of a sudden. Some guy that works at the dealership supposedly programed his truck for 140 extra horses and its guaranteed to get 20mpg. Its a 08 LMM with 20's and 34s.
Im going to set the ppe on 160 and getting the straight pipe before we go.
What yall think?

I think hes going to break a tierod. He didnt want to put them on when we put the leveling kits on. So i just have them.

I hope you've built up your transmission to take that kind of extra power from the PPE, 'cause if you limp it, you will lose the race and will have to upgrade the tranny anyways.

Upgrading the tie rods is a must if you are doing serious 4WD launches, especially if you have aftermarket wheels. Most aftermarket wheels generally have NEGATIVE offset which will put a tremendous load on the tie rods during a 4WD launch, especially if you get any wheel hop.

If you are well prepared, it should be a good race. ):h

I hope you've built up your transmission to take that kind of extra power from the PPE, 'cause if you limp it, you will lose the race and will have to upgrade the tranny anyways.

Upgrading the tie rods is a must if you are doing serious 4WD launches, especially if you have aftermarket wheels. Most aftermarket wheels generally have NEGATIVE offset which will put a tremendous load on the tie rods during a 4WD launch, especially if you get any wheel hop.

If you are well prepared, it should be a good race. ):h

Im working on the trans money:D I got $2600 right now saved. I dont know how much it is to build up...
Im sure he is going to break a tierod because of his rims and hes going to launch HARD. He has been talking crap and isnt going to lose for anything.

What else has he got other than a tune? Power is only as good as you use it. Sounds like he's a dumb a$$ who doesn't care for his equipment.

He is just listening to the wrong people about the stuff. I've heard some crazy stuff from people. "Stock allison should hold 600 horses easy" and stuff like that.

He has a DPF back exhaust and thats it other than some tune that he wont tell me about and all he says is its a GMC dealer tune. What a joke.

The dealer WILL NOT tune under any circumstances, because if you blow up the trans, then you can sue them for damages, and they don't want to deal w/ that. They can't not do work for free under warranty unless they can directly prove that your mods caused the break, IE: you put on nitrous and upgrade the trans, but blow the rearend, then they don't have to repair it under warranty

Run the truck with the power up to let the ally get used to it. I have noticed that my tranny holds best in 4th gear. that is where I usually lay into it. GOOD LUCK!!

I been having it on 160 going easy on the lower gears then going. I just put cat delete on but still have the muffler.

He wants to bet $100 that he beats me. Think he will pop the tie rods in a 4x4 launch?

Dunes, $500 in coke and two high priced hookers actually count as 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to go fast and hit stuff but faster is on my list right now.:cornut:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now his truck is throwing a dtc 0299 and wont rev past 2k. Excuses excuses....:biggrin5:

Truck is still broke because he has been out of town. I havent got anyone to bite except for a ranger that said if i won he would buy my a 5th of jagermiester... Truly a retard.

l_517b49aa9e4a54438b43196dc94f38b2.jpg

Does this count as a win?

It didnt quit raining before he went on vacation so we couldnt race. Then it broke on the way to the airport, so no race. It did feel pretty fast when i reset the codes.
He didnt take off the tune because the guy kept telling him the dealer wouldnt find it...

Back