• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fan Remove and Clutch Bearing Replace

About 5-10k on it. It's the super duper green backed HD one. Forget the make. Gates maybe.
Starting to wonder if it's a turbo bearing :eek:
Noise is completely gone when hot...
When cold it is a very high pitched scream.

try a new belt. ( if you want to try a freebie, remove the belt, unbolt ac pump and place two washers under each hole to space it up about 3/16 - 1/4 inch that should take up some slack in the belt and add some tension. )

if that doesn't help then if you have already checked the idlers and tensioner pulley, my next bet is power steering pump. mine had quite the squeel in the winter

The PS pump turned smooth and free when I had the belt off and had some resistance (does not freewheel) as you would expect from a pump. I'm just gonna let it go I think. I've got the OEM belt and necessary tools in the box if I need it. Headed for Colorado Springs 0500ish Wed so we'll see. Once it's warmed up the problem is gone so you may be right about the pump Kyle. Thanks for checking in.

i'll keep my mind on the issue, maybe something more obvious will present itself.....

call me if the need arises and we'll get something figured out!

No overheat issues during our trip to Colorado or any other given day. Runs 205* max no matter the conditions as usual. I still have the stinking squeal and have yet to find it but then I've not really spent a bunch of time with further diagnostics either.

Back