• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Failed inspection

kojo

diesel head
Reaction score
[RANT]Those f**king bastards didn't accepted my truck, they drove it with chip, saw ATT, but i bet inspector hadn't had ***** previous day, reason for failing was one failed bulp.. ABS warning light didn't came on, but abs was working fine..:mad2:
[/RANT]

Looks like that you got more probs with that in finland that we in germany. Till today, I thought the hardest inspections are here, but now I know, you got them !

Cu,
Sven

Looks like that you got more probs with that in finland that we in germany. Till today, I thought the hardest inspections are here, but now I know, you got them !

Cu,
Sven

I dont know where hardest inspections, but i'm sure finland is one of them.. It is unbelievable if i'd buy used chevy from germany (one that has been used there) i should prove to inspectors it fulls all eu directives and couz we are in finland it prolly would need anyway E-approved lights (our minister has said because they can be changed they must be changed) and net or wall between box and cabin, couz trucks must have it..
There is net in my suburban too, behnd 3rd seat row..

oh, btw, failing happened on friday, i changed that cursed bulp yesterday and got it approved today, took only one hour waiting before they had time to check that light is coming on.. (+25miles driving to one direction and other 25 back home from there.)

Bummer,, when I was a kid,35 yrs ago, they did inspections in the State of Michigan,, but they stopped, and you wouldn't believe the crap that runs on the roads here. that's why when I buy used,, I go to surrounding states that still do inspections.

At least you got er done, Kojo,, and you didn't have to pay for the recheck!!

I drive a school bus, and have to inspect my bus EVERY time I drive it out of the lot. 2 times a day,,, check oil, visual on all componets,, fluids,, lights,, and thump tires with big stick. I have a problem with people driving with lights out, ect. I tell them at any chance I get! I wish cops still gave tickets for these small things!!

We do emissions testing in Boise. It is the biggest scam of all. I love clean air, don't get me wrong, but this is silly. I have to pay $15 once a year (I know it's not much) and take time to have it tested. But get this...everyone passes unless there is a check engine light on.

My 1978 Mercedes, with no EGR, no turbo, smokes like a freight train, uses oil like crazy still passes. If any car should go bye bye, it's that one. What's the point of a test if any old junker can pass?

We do emissions testing in Boise. It is the biggest scam of all. I love clean air, don't get me wrong, but this is silly. I have to pay $15 once a year (I know it's not much) and take time to have it tested. But get this...everyone passes unless there is a check engine light on.

My 1978 Mercedes, with no EGR, no turbo, smokes like a freight train, uses oil like crazy still passes. If any car should go bye bye, it's that one. What's the point of a test if any old junker can pass?

to collect money from the people and give people the idea they are actually doing something.

Its BULB. A light bulb.

That sux. And I thought $147 was alot. In this state, its 29 bux for sticker, and the shop can charge one hour of labor for commercial vehicles. Well, of course their hourly rate for vehicles over 10,000lbs GVRW is $118/hr....

I'm starting to strongly dislike what this world is becoming. Probably how my Grandparents felt when this 'Rock' music came out, and my Parents when this 'Rap' music came out... This world isn't going to be any fun to live in in another 100 years. But everything relative to what that generation knows.... I think the good days are behind us. Possibly peaking in the 70's, Smokey and the Bandit, and the cops would follow you home if you've had too much to drink. Technology is great, but its too controlling, and will ruin society as we know it.

Wow, where did that rant come from?

OMG, and we bitch about the price of things here!!
Fellow North American guys check the photo out. One Liter of Turbo Diesel oil at a local Shell station in Stuttgart, cir 2005.:icon_bs:

At todays exchange rate of approximately $1.35 to one Euro, do the math (fur us gubmint edumicated...multiply the price on the oil by 1.35...I had to take off my shoes).

Don't ask about the price of fuel there either...:nonod:

Attachments

• 07-27-05_1450.jpg
    07-27-05_1450.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 19
this is exactly why I like old vehicles. My "new" truck will only cost $6 to register for antique plates, and only has to pass a safety inspection- lights, brakes and tires. I wanted all kinds of things in a second truck, and finally decided that rather than buying a late model truck with options I wanted, I'd rather build one exactly how I want it, and make the sacrifices I want (like gas mileage). My 82 K30 will have an 87 nose on it because that's my favorite style (and I got one free). I think that looks prettier than anything that's come along since then. It's got a low miles 454 that with just a few minor mods will pull my camper just fine plus be real fun to drive. The 4wd driveline under it is probably stronger than any new truck. It's got four doors for the fam, six wheels because I like them, a four inch lift and new paint. When I'm done I'll be into it for between $3000 and $4000 and it will turn more heads than a $30,000 late model stock truck. So there, there's my rant.

Fellow North American guys check the photo out. One Liter of Turbo Diesel oil at a local Shell station in Stuttgart, cir 2005.:icon_bs:

At todays exchange rate of approximately $1.35 to one Euro, do the math (fur us gubmint edumicated...multiply the price on the oil by 1.35...I had to take off my shoes).

Don't ask about the price of fuel there either...:nonod:

Chevylover(Sven) can prob verify it as myth or truth.
Seems rather mythical to me.

I'm not sven, but i think that photo is real.. 1 liter bottles are most expensive packaging for oils and here gas stations are usually much more expensive then other places, and castrols is expensive brand..

By the way, went to fill up my burb today couz AKT (truck and transportation union) is in strike and fuel deliveries to gas stations are stopped.. bought cheapest diesel in town and paid 1.079€/liter = $1.45 per liter = $5.15 for us gallon

Back