• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Facebook Scam

Clark20ry

Agent #58 OB-DII A(ALCU)
Reaction score
I am not sure yet but one of my Brothers from here posted on my wall and several other walls with a "Hey XXXXX.. is this you LOL" with a link. I clicked on it but stopped it before it loaded. So I know its also on Phils and Joe M's wall... Just check it out before clicking on it.

It was a post from SFC Cobb. I have pm'd him about it I hope his account was not hacked...

John

Usually with wording like that, or wanting you to look at something, chances are it is a SCAM.

He should change its password, a lot of peoples accounts get hacked if they dont have a secure password. Mine got hacked when I first made it and I changed my password to one with a lot of different numbers mixed in with it and have not had a problem since

You have no idea...I wish I could. Computers are evil. I keep my internet use very limited these days. I learned some painful lessons.

That is why I stay off facebook.

Same here Kenny, for now.

You have no idea...I wish I could. Computers are evil. I keep my internet use very limited these days. I learned some painful lessons.

It is not the computers, but some of the people who use them and hack into them! ;) Down with hackers!

True. I suppose that is a good comparison. Just like a handgun. IN the right hands it's agood thing, in the wrong hands, real bad. I blocked facebook twitter etc right at my router. They say that Facebook is becoming the # reason for divroce. People looking up thier ex's etc. I've always looked at it this way. The people I like I stay in touch with, the rest....:D. IDK, maybe I'm old. I don't get it I would never put all my personal info on a website like that for the entire world to see. Seems like it's too easy to get your identity stolen without all that. I know...I'm a fossil.

Well its not the computer or Facebook its the user. People complain about FB privacy but I always come back with they can only get what you post or put online. I only have my email address on FB Woohoo go get that and use it..

I see so much dirty laundry being posted on FB that it makes me think about what in the world are people thinking....The worst thing I hated about FB was the invites to Farmville. I strarted to tell the inviters that I will come over and burn their crops and kill their animals...lol

Last year, when I had a buddy in Iraq and could reach him easily thru facebook, I got hit with about 20 people asking me to join their site. My buddy didn't know any of them, so I wouldn't respond and let them in to my site.

That is why I stay off facebook.

I think FB is a great way for some people to find (or to be found by) other people. Personally, I have no use for it and stay off it like it had the plague. However, wife and daughter use it but with security always in mind, and I check.

FB is also a great way for dumb MoFos to show their character... like this 30+ year old brother of my kids' babysitter (from a decade ago) who propositioned my daughter (minor) after she "friended" him per his request. After a screenshot or two of the correspondence saved to disk, she "unfriended" him and quickly told me the story. Dumb POS can get into a lot of deep doo but his mother (good friend of family) and his sister (very good friend of family) are dealing with him for now.

Yup, I stay off it like it had the plague...

Back