• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust Pipe Hangers

Thanks, that was right after I put it on.

The whole thing cost me $160.

2' 5" Galv pipe

3' 5" galv flex

1 3.5"-4" adapter

1 4"-5" adapter

1 5" 90* elbow

and 7 Donoldson Stainless Steel Seal Clamps.

The seal clamps were the majority of the cost, but they are well worth it.

Forgot to mention I got the stack for free from a guy who we rent yards from. it used to be a 5' tall curved pipe. But he swung his combine auger into it so the tip was bent down.

After cutting it all off I ended up with about 49" of pipe I believe. Wish I wouldve had one more inch so you could see it a bit from the front. But it was free so I cant complain.

It was fun to make, minus all of the snow melting off the truck and drenching me.

And it sounds nice.

Im contemplating adding a second one, but keeping it as far away from the bed as the original one is. But to do this I would have to break down and buy two new stacks as I wont find one to match properly.

also forgot to mention my $50 holesaw that I had to buy to use once.

We measured twice and then started drilling. We thought wed have to go through the bed and the heatsheild. Then we found a cross brace for the bed and ended up notching it a bit. Then we found a frame crosssmember but we were a good 1/8" from that. hehe.

They never seem to show you that part in all of the diesel mags.

Exhaust Stack Finished

Just thought Id let ya know the stack is on & working,finished it today.A little loud but not to bad.Kinda a neat sound when in tow-haul coming to a stop sign.If I can fiqure it out Ill put some pictures on here.:D

Just thought Id let ya know the stack is on & working,finished it today.A little loud but not to bad.Kinda a neat sound when in tow-haul coming to a stop sign.If I can fiqure it out Ill put some pictures on here.:D

We need pictures...:D

Pictures

We need pictures...:D
I have never put pictures on a web before & not sure how to do it.I have a Cannon digital camera were I transfer pictures to my PC but dont know how to transfer them to the site for you to see.Never done this before.

I have never put pictures on a web before & not sure how to do it.I have a Cannon digital camera were I transfer pictures to my PC but dont know how to transfer them to the site for you to see.Never done this before.

click tab "go advanced", then manage attachments, browse, find them on your computer, open, then upload :D

Picures

click tab "go advanced", then manage attachments, browse, find them on your computer, open, then upload :D
I have no idea were go advanced is.not to good with a pc when it comes to these kina things.Im 65 yrs. old & never took a course for a pc in my life.I would love to show you but have no idea were to go unless someone was here to show me how.I do have a Cannon digital but would'nt know how to transfer them to you.

I've created a thread all about pictures! :)

http://www.dieselhaulin.com/forums/forum-information/311-how-post-pictures-new-post.html

Back