• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust opinions needed

Duramaxin 41

I'm Confused
Reaction score
Here lately I have been considering put smoke stacks on my truck, the only thing that keeps me from going ahead and doing it is drilling a 6" hole in my bed, but they look so damn cool. Do ya'll have any opinions on stacks?

My opinion is: I want some on my truck:D. I used to have them on my 6.5. Haven't gotten aroung to putting them on my new truck, my biggest problem is i still want to keep my bed cover.

im in the same boat! Id love to have some stacks but drilling a massive hole in my beautiful line-x'd bed just seems dumb....ill probably end up doin it later though!

I have a hard enough time keeping my truck clean as it is! I don't need soot and grime sprayed all over it even though they do look cool.....:)

personally i like single stacks, duals just dont look right on a dmax to me unless it is for show.

i dont care about my truck much so drilling the hole wasnt an issue for me.

the only bad part is that it can get annoying on long trips. Yesterday I was ready to rip the thing into a million pieces. sitting right at 2400rpm where it drones, for 15hours total was not fun. it didnt bug me co-pilot surprisingly but bugged the crap out of me, almost as much as her crappy music she put in.

Thank ya'll for all your opinions, but I think I have talked myself out of getting stacks, at least for now. I got my eye set on a new Suncoast TC now. :eyebrows:

Back