• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust Manifold Update (with vids finally)

Ya'll are getting me in the mood to do one. I haven't had much 6.5 stuff going on lately except the timing gear sets. I'll try and get a video of something related to that soon.

A little bit, yeah. I feel the main difference was noticed between 1200-2100rpm in low end torque. I actually think the 12cm housing is choking it a bit in the higher RPM's though

Cool to see the results. It looks like it made the biggest difference without WMI, and with WMI seemed close to the same....did I see that right? So was WMI crutching the old manifolds? Also since you also changed the turbo some, what effect do you think that had? Since you went larger, would it have slowed down turbo spooling? If so, then it makes your manifolds that much more impressive. Really cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

I have thought about that too. The bigger wheel may have slowed spooling some. It's hard to say. Honestly, between the 54 wheel and the 60 wheel, I didn't notice hardly any difference in spool ability. So it's hard to say. The bigger wheel may have forced more air in which counter acted the larger weight. I would have put a billet wheel in but the size I got is a weird one. I'm running a 60/83 wheel, where most the billet 60 wheels are 60x86. I've contemplated stepping up to a 62/86 wheel. Hard to say. Like I've said, I feel the exhaust is a little too tight right now

This is what I tell people they need to do with the 6.5 - Rev it up! Although you have more guts than I do as I know better than to take mine clear to 4000 RPM. Old springs and all that sort of thing would be 4000 RPM to 0 - carnage thread entry PDQ.

Unfortunately this pocket rocket lightweight regular cab truck isn't giving you very much "load" and time to wind up and out the turbo. Specific to the second video the RPM's are all in the large turbo range. It would be interesting to see a video of it in the lower RPM's. Looks like the turbo setup is staying lit up through the shifts.

The other perspective is hook a trailer and give the turbo time to completely wind up with a load. I could get another 3 PSI out of the ATT if a grade or load held the truck back. But this could just open the WG on your setup.

I'm currently looking to swap to a larger exhaust housing. Possibly a 14cm. Or do a 14cm with my HX40 turbine wheel. Haven't decided yet

Back