• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

evo hot tunes, are they worth it?

GMCYA

Resident Coonass
Reaction score
Anyone running the hot tunes for the evo? How are they? How are the egt's? I am still running the original 4 tunes and have not upgraded yet to the new software. I am in the process of upgrading the tranny and was wondering if the hot tunes are worth $100 or should I look for a different tuner for a built tranny. Not wanting to get silly just want to take advantage of the tranny now and then without cooking the turbo. The level 4 I have gets high egt's fast. lemmeknow.

You can get the HOT tunes for $50 for a limited time. Probably worth it. I think you also get some added features in addition to the HOT tunes, but I am not 100% sure about that.

I am running the Hot level 5 for economy. I went to south Louisiana for Thanksgiving and got just under 21 mpg at 75 mph and still had plenty of balls to pass. I've put it on level 7 for just a minute and that was all it took to let me know it was NOT stock tranny friendly.
Sure people will say PPE or EFI Live (search for cracked pistons or bent rods) but for another $50 give it a shot.:thumbsup:

I ordered the hot unlock, 50 bucks WTH, if nothing else as a good selling point. The truck comes back tue or wed with a built tranny from Mr. Harry Clack's shop. My evo is sitting here on my desk just updated. Now I just need my truck back and a winning lotto ticket.

Back