• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DrinaDi

Reaction score
Hello my name is Drina, and I'm sorry for the long post!!! My husband Sean and I have an 05 Chevy Silverado 1500, with a brand new 408 Stroker LSA 6.2lt Motor, 4L80E 2WD transmission with LS supercharger. I've written this introduction 3X trying not to wright the whole long story. We've had a ton of problems since getting the truck back from the idiot who put it in. It has maybe 100miles on it. It has been sitting since October 2021. My current problem is the transmission wire connection plug harness is leaking. So we dropped the pan to push the inside harness back out to snap and seal, like we read to do. We also got a new O-ring and priced a new wire connection harness just in case. Anyway when we drained and dropped the pan the magnet was covered in black gunk like an oil slim, the bottom of the pan is cover in a thin layer of black stuff and the fluid came out the pretty pink it should be, but after sitting in the drain bucket it has a black oil looking residue forming at the top. There is no metal shaving that I could feel. I read some black or gray stuff is normal on the magnet. I've only ever dropped the pan on an Alison diesel transmission that was contaminated with water so it was Pepto bismol pink. There was no black stuff mixed in it. I don't think there should be any clutch dust or metal shavings or any contamination, the tranny is suppose to be brand new. I've included pictures. Also the inside harness wire connector is in tight, can't even push/pull it out. So does the whole inside wire connection harness need to be replaced, since it's leaking even though it's tight and clicked in place or is there a seal missing to the external harness that seals when plugged in? M20220505_195005.jpg20220505_194950.jpg20220505_194937.jpg20220505_194942.jpg20210923_181545_37392058478305.jpg20210923_181539_37392078655844.jpgy questions are is this black sludge normal on a new 100mile driven 4l80E transmission fluid pan? And do I need a new wire connection harness since it's leaking, but its tight. Which harness is bad the internal or external? The pictures blow are: 1st Inside transmission after pan drop (it's dark out so the pics not to good, and idk you need to see this, but just in case. 2nd: Drained tranny fluid with black film like liquid after it's sat a few moments. 3rd: 8nside tranny pan with black stuff covering bottom of pan. 4th: The black stuff I cleaned off magnet and a swipe to the bottom of pan. 5th: External wire connection harness with tranny fluid dripping out of it. 6th: Outside of external harness covered in leaking tranny fluid. With two wires not connected. 7th: Inside wire connection harness.

Attachments

• 20220505_194942.jpg
    20220505_194942.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220505_194937.jpg
    20220505_194937.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Resized_20210923_181607_37390504557613.jpeg
    Resized_20210923_181607_37390504557613.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to TTS.. I'm not a tranny guy but others will chime in..don't put it back together till you talk to these guys. You've honestly found the best place to get advice.. just be patient..

If indeed that is a "new" transmission I'd venture to guess it's already toast
That was My thoughts too but I was waiting for some of the more professional sorts of opinions.
Be my guess, its still the same trans that the vehicle went to the shop with and nothing had been done to it, I doubt that the pan had even been pulled.
BUT, thats just My opinion.

THAT, is an excessive amout of clutch material in that pan! Its either an issue the transmission, or a tuning issue since you making more power with you current engine set up. If the transmission tuning isn't done properly you stand a good chance of smoking another transmission making that kind of power.

At this point i would pull it and find a GOOD trans shop to go back over it. Then find a GOOD tuner to make work together properly.

Sometime you have to take it out of state to find the right guy for the job. There is a reason guys drive across country just to have firepunk build them a trans and tune it.

Back