• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

every time i shift sounds like

Bad BowTie

Reaction score
Every time i shift there is a slap from hell sounds like its coming from the transfer case u joints seem to be fine ne suggestions on wut it could be are greatly appreciated

Does it have a 1 or 2 piece rear driveshaft? If it is a 2 piece, I would check the carriage bearing to see if the rubber for it is still good. It is quite common for the rubber in the carriage bearing to go bad, and allow the driveshaft to whip when you shift.

Yes it hasthe two piece drive shaft and the carrier bearing seems to be in good condition when i turn the driveline it does make a bunch of noise coming from tranny side

Yes it hasthe two piece drive shaft and the carrier bearing seems to be in good condition when i turn the driveline it does make a bunch of noise coming from tranny side
I'm suspecting the front U-Joint if it is making noise you hear turning it manually.

What does the oil look like in the transfer case and transmission?

Back