• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ever seen this pmd? lifetime warrenty!

Cool... a Dorman. Looks like a DTech. Note that they indicate that it has a lifetime warranty and explain how to redeem it should it ever become necessary... then further down they say that electronics are NOT RETURNABLE for any reason. Therefore no warranty ??

I sent them an email to ask about it.

Last edited:
Looks like a Diapaco under Doorman branding, hmnn Lifetime warranty, from mfr or retailer Doorman has been around a long time, not sure about the retailer, who warrants it if they go out of business, but could very well be the driver the 6.5 community has been looking for, I'd want full disclosure of any reasons they would fail to honor warranty that haven't already been listed.

I'll ask at my local part store the next time I'm there. I know all the guys, and will ask if it is Dorman warranty or not...

Cool... a Dorman. Loos like a DTech. Note that they indicate that it has a lifetime warranty and explain how to redeem it should it ever become necessary... then further down they say that electronics are NOT RETURNABLE for any reason. Therefore no warranty ??

I sent them an email to ask about it.

good reading Jim :thumbsup: ---

Looks like a D-Tech to me

Its on doorman's web site.

www.DormanProducts.com

They have a limited lifetime warranty on all their parts. CV joint get a special note about abuse. Their products are warranted against defects in material / workmanship....

Some product line carry a lifetime warranty. But I didn't see anything specific to the PMD part and warranty.

Hopefully JiFaire gets some information.

Got a reply from the seller (quick!)...

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
AutoPartsDirectToYou said:
About the last question, I read what I wrote to you and wanted to make sure I explained it clearly. A return on an electronic item is not accepted not a warranty. For instance if you bought this part and installed it and it did not fix the problem, or you realize you do not need it or want it, then it is not returnable. If you purchase the part and install it and lets say 6 months later it fails, then it can be replaced under warranty. We have many people that either have misdiagnosed the vehicle or buy the part and install it and then find out they did not need it and want to return it, we stopped taking electronics back because we could not resell it to another customer and it is therefore useless. This particular part we sell almost daily and have never had a defective one. Also the manufacturer (Dorman) claims they have fixed the original problem and this is something they are very good at doing. If this is what os wrong with your vehicle, then you can feel confident that if you bo ...
[/FONT]

The message truncated (stupid Ebay messenging sub-system), but the gist of it is, if you order this part and it craps out, they will warranty it. If you order this part and it doesn't fix your problem, tough.

Now y'all know what I know.

I wonder when it says if installed torqued properly etc, if this means it MUST be mounted on the pump again? This would be a PITA.

Warranty Information:

This item has a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser only.
Due to design changes and material upgrades, this part should last much longer then the original. If this part is installed properly, torqued properly, and not altered, you should not have to replace this item ever again. If however a failure occurs, this item can be replaced at no charge excluding shipping & labor.
The warranty does not cover shipping, labor or any other related charges.
Warranty replacement can be done with one of 2 methods. Method 1 is done by calling us and starting a warranty claim. We will then resell you a new part and charge a deposit (full item price) for it and the shipping, then ship the replacement to you. Upon receiving/replacing the failed part with the new part, you would then mail the failed part back to us for credit. Once we receive the return part and verify it is ours, we will credit you the part cost minus any shipping costs. The 2nd method is you can mail the failed part back to us first, pay for shipping and we can ship the replacement to you. This method allows the part to be shipped to you without leaving a deposit for the part, however shipping time may keep the car down longer then method 1.
Any part appearing to be altered or used outside of normal driving conditions will have the warranty voided.
Commercial (heavy use) vehicles are excluded from the warranty

Back