• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Euro headlight mod

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
Finally. I won't try to tell you fairy tales : I promised I will post a "how to" which will help you to mod these euro headlights so they will perfectly fit.

I promised, but wasn't able to do in time, and I apologize for that, whatever were my reasons (lazy, dog days, lack of time...)

Once again I apologize guys.

The problem lays here : the retainer on the top/middle of headlight is too long, 3/8" too long, and it pushes the all block "outside".
Solution so is to shorten it.

Here are pics with comments, and I hope they will helpful and clear enough.

DSC05416.JPG DSC05418.JPG DSC05422.JPG

DSC05417.JPG DSC05420.JPG

DSC05424.JPG

DSC05426.JPG DSC05428.JPG

use a 1.2" long flat screw, re-screw the holder
DSC05425a.jpg
DSC05436.JPG

Once the mod done, re-mount the adjusters, back plate, adjust the all thing, and they should fit perfect. That works each time I did the mod.

Hope that helps.

OK, finally got to do this mod. Not too hard, but I could not remove the flawed bolt with an open end wrench as depicted in the picture. The housing backing plate on mine has a much larger flange that gets in the way and once I moved the bolt once with the wrench, I could never get another bite on it with the wrench. I had to push out the white plastic things at all locations and then deal with the flawed bolt. Also, could not find replacement screws with equivalent size heads, so the ones I used rest on top of the plastic thing, whereas the originals sit inside and have wings that lock them in. I don't think it's a big deal. They now sit more than flush, even slightly recessed.

Still have yet to install the HIDs and the All 4 on Hi kits. Just way to busy.

Great write up!!!

HID is not that difficult. You may have to reverse the positive and negative when you install it like mine.
Try to put without reversing and if it is not "on" then reverse it.

Back