• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

error code po506

jeffjbar

Recruit
Reaction score
My brother in law came into town today and his 04 Ford F150 with the 4.6 is throwing a po506 code. The truck will not idle high enough to stay running. He says it started this after he unhooked the battery for a couple of hours one day. The dealership told him they did not know what the problem was and that he needed a new computer. Is anyone familiar with what the problem could be? Thanks.

My brother in law came into town today and his 04 Ford F150 with the 4.6 is throwing a po506 code. The truck will not idle high enough to stay running. He says it started this after he unhooked the battery for a couple of hours one day. The dealership told him they did not know what the problem was and that he needed a new computer. Is anyone familiar with what the problem could be? Thanks.

My book says:po 506---idle control system RPM lower than expected.

lol I'm guessing you already know it's not idling right.:bigear:

Nope. Haven't figured it out yet. He just stays on the gas at red lights. He replaced the throttle position sensor and that didn't help.

Sounds to me like the IAC motor stuck partially closed, let it idleand uplug it and see if the rpm drops.If not replace the IAC ( idle air control ) ;)

Back