• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Epower locked my truck, now wont start!

Foreman00081

Reaction score
been running level 9 on the epower and went to switch to level 10 the other night. well it wouldnt let me make custom changes so i decided not to load it. called PPE to ask about it (they cover the service on the epower) and talked to Dan. he told me to return the truck to stock and then load level 10. ok, cool, no prob right? thats where the problem starts. went to return to stock tune last night and got an error message sayint (OPS i think) doesnt match, then got an error message. after that i couldnt access the tuning menu at all, it just kept asking if i wanted to return to stock but it would get the error every time. well it still showed level 9 as being in the ecm so i just unplugged it and figured id call again today and get it figured out. well went to start the truck and now the glow plug light doesnt come on and it wont crank at all. checked fuses and couldnt find any bad ones. didnt know where to go from there so i called a buddy to come get me cause i was in a parking lot and we got it towed back home by AAA. so anybody got any ideas or had this problem? gonna call Dan back this morning, sure hope the ECM's not fried or something, was supposed to dyno tomorrow, damnit!!

can you go in and force the stock program, sounds like it might have lost the program.

nope, havent been able to get the stock program to load, it keeps asking if i want to return it to stock but then it starts to load and comes up with the error and wont go any further.

that happened to smokinlb7 with his stealthII and i ended up having to take a techII down to his truck and reprogram the stock tune into the ecm. thats the only way I know of to fix it.

is it able to read the truck?

it still shows the tuning as level 9 but when it goes to check the vin it gets hung up and says OPS #'s dont match, then it asks if i want to load the stock tune anyways but it still wont do it, think that means it cant read my truck?

that happened to smokinlb7 with his stealthII and i ended up having to take a techII down to his truck and reprogram the stock tune into the ecm. thats the only way I know of to fix it.

oh really? i have a friend thats a tech at the chevy dealer near me, i might be able to get it to him later tonight and have him reflash it if that will fix it.

yea that's what it sounds like, dura is right a techII will be able to restore the stock program.

you don't have a buddy that is a tech do you? i only ask because i don't think the dealer would be very cooperative if they found the tune in your truck.....wish you were closer i would reprogram it in a couple minutes.

ya you can use it again no problem, it just erases all the stored codes and resets the TAPS. so its like you never had anything on it.

you don't have a buddy that is a tech do you? i only ask because i don't think the dealer would be very cooperative if they found the tune in your truck.....wish you were closer i would reprogram it in a couple minutes.

ya you can use it again no problem, it just erases all the stored codes and resets the TAPS. so its like you never had anything on it.

ya, got a buddy thats a tech, gonna get ahold of him and see if he can do it later tonight

right on well no worries now then. meant to tell you earlier....nice truck, i remember it from DP

thanks dura!

well shes back up an running!! i had my buddy scan it on the tech II and he couldnt get any communication with the ECM so he thought it may have gotten fried, OH SHIT! so i called Dan at PPE and he gave me a couple ideas to try, tune it with the fuses pulled, disconnect everything electronic so i did all that, even disconnected my gauges then i went in and reset the trans first which worked! so i tried reloading the stock program and low and behold that worked too! glow plug light came back on and she fired right up! brought it home and loaded level 10 and no problems! even got rid of my brake system warning light by setting the tire size to 35" instead of 37" dont know why that worked either but it did so im happy. thanks guys for the help and suggestions!

My ppe locked up last night. I unhooked the batteries for like 15 mins and it worked when i wanted to put it back to stock.

Back