• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine will not start

p38js

Reaction score
Turn the key on all I get is the glow plug relay clicking, Installed a new relay still clicks and no glow plug light, any help would be great. not sure were to start.

check the fuses and if their ok the bulb to verify your light is not burnt out. Could be other reasons for not starting

both fuses and bulb are good, I have to check the wire that is on the passenger side that comes off the glow plug wire next all I have to do is find were it might be located. I have no power at the 10amp fuse.

Might want to check the relay, the sound you might be hearing could be power jolting across the posts internal to the relay instead of the reset click.

More importantly when you turn on the ignition, do you get an SES light on constant until you crank? You should, if not and no WTS then your PCM is not powered up and need to figure out why. Does the radio come on, and dash lights?

The glow plug fuse will not get power to it until the controller outputs power to the plugs. That fuse is between the controller and the PCM, as feedback to tell the PCM what voltage the glows are getting and to show that the controller is wokring when PCM asks it to.

Fixed tore the hole damn truck apart and get ready found the ground strap from the engine block to the frame haning on for dear life with about 4 strands of wire. Installed a new ground strap made from 10ga wire crimped and soldered ring terminals. Truck has never started better. now to put back everything I took apart and hope nothing else is damaged. thanks for all the help. REMEBER TO CHECK THE GROUNDS

Back