• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine or Trans Dying?

DATA LOG too...............if perhaps you do need a fly by wire throttle pedal I have a good used one up for grabs in the 'for sale forum.'

Hmm. Guess this is just how shes gonna be for now. I don't have access to a scanner, & as I said before, I don't really want to continue buying parts for an engine that won't be staying for long. Thanks for ya'lls help tho, I appreciate it!

I am with AK. I think the ecm is confused and not getting proper feed from cps/ optic sensor loop or the ip/ ip circuit is smokey and not relaying good info to it. Granted running like that a long time is not going to be doing the trans any good because it will think you are wot when cruising, and then cant make actual adjustment for when you do go wot or large demand increase that should downshift. I would think you'll get crazy downshift patterns before the trans gets hurt.

Depending how long you want to run it is the question. if only a month or so- yeah ok.
if you are planning on the rest of this year and want the trans to be rebuildable without needing hard parts...um maybe

To be rude and maybe get through to you:
IT'S THE ENGINE!!!

You got broke, INOP, or otherwise parts that are pissing the ECM off. The ECM is doing all it can to save the engine and transmission at this point. The trans is shifting due to lack of engine power and engine not running proper prevents lockup. Damage control, eh?

You want to swap the engine out, fine, DO SO and quit Fing around with this one! No harm in wanting another engine. Otherwise you already have your answer of engine CPS and related wire/sensors on page1. Keep pushing it and it (a bad running engine) will eventually take the transmission out.

Back