• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine oil cooler lines

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
I have a set here. I believe From Leroy.

I'm not sure which vehicle it was for. So I may need elbows to go to the block on the 1994 K3500.

Somebody somewhere once mentioned elbows that could thread in and had a lock nut or something to keep them pointed the right direction?

Does anybody know what else I might need as far as brackets or anything to install the kit on a 1994?

The lines on a 1994 run different than the kit lines.

IDK
The hoses on My 2000 IIRC are just pipe thread into the adapter and the PO had installed just regular fabric coated hydraulic hose that he had gotten made up for the truck. I believe it is pipe threaded to flange angle fittings at the cooler too.
The 94 most likely may have run a different thread fitting into the block. Maybe like an ORB or some such.

The older blocks hat 3/8 NPT fittings in the block while the later ones hat 1/2" NPT

As far as routing goes the lines should go the same. It's helpful to be able to secure the lines to the frame near the motor mount like it came stock. In @SnowDrift 's build thread he linked to a neat clamp to hold his oil cooler lines in place. I'd really recommend securing the lines somehow as there's lots of rubbing and vibration where the pass alongside the engine & frame/ motor mount area. It's a tighter clearance on my P400 with the girdle but even my heavy duty hydraulic hoses have rubbed more than I'm comfortable with just free floating so the more secure the better.

Is the oil cooler OEM? That was some stupid ORB fitting into the cooler. Newer ones come with just 3/4" NPT I believe. Much easier. The kit from Leroy may have adapters to still attach to the OEM fittings on the cooler

IIRC, Leroy have videos for that part.
You may want to check his channel on YT.
I thought all he had was the pipe thread 90's

I've installed 4 or 5 of these kits.

I was looking for better 90's coming out of the block.

I always had a lot of trouble getting them tight. And it will probably be a lot harder for me now

They have 2 different line sizes, -10 & -12....

Thank you very much

I think for the 1994 block, I need the 3/8 npt.
I'll have to message them for availability.

Not to go off topic but would yall know what type of threaded fittings go into the factory oil coolers? mine started leaking on the core. it has Leroy's hoses and what looks like 1/2" ntp fittings but the factory cooler I have in the parts bin looks like it has some sort of o-ring fitting similar to a make o-ring AC fitting. I would like to see if there is an adapter made to go from the factory cooler to Leroy's hoses.

Not to go off topic but would yall know what type of threaded fittings go into the factory oil coolers? mine started leaking on the core. it has Leroy's hoses and what looks like 1/2" ntp fittings but the factory cooler I have in the parts bin looks like it has some sort of o-ring fitting similar to a make o-ring AC fitting. I would like to see if there is an adapter made to go from the factory cooler to Leroy's hoses.
I believe there's adapters available.
I think Leroy or someone offers them

Back