• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine oil cooler kit

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
I am now selling an engine oil cooler kit.
This is a direct replacement cooler and custom hoses. The cooler bolts right where your stock cooler was. You will reuse the brackets from the core suport to the cooler. The hoses are rated to 300 psi and 400 degrees F.
$199.00 + shipping. www.pmdcable.com

Dtr member special

For DTR members only!!

I am going to offer a Perma Cool oil thermostat for my oil cooler kits.
You will have the option of
1. A free perma cool oil thermostat
OR
2. $40 off the price of the cooler kit = $159. for a kit w/out thermostat.

Will your offer be good next winter?

Should be, you will just have to get with me at that time.

Also, just alittle FYI. This cooler is made by the same company that makes the B&M cooler, but witout the B&M name, so it costs less!
The hoses are made with industrial stentgh hoses and are availible in "stainless steel braided teflon lined" hoses as well.
Before you buy anywhere else ask me and I will beat the price. The quality of this kit is exactly the same as you would buy anywhere else we just charge less for it and include a free oil thermostat.

is this offer still good?

Also, would you recommend the t-stat for my climate, or is it best reserved for the canadian climate?

Sorry guys, I did honor that deal as long as I could, but my cost on the hoses and cooler went up. $199 w/out thermostat.
The tstat mainly allows quicker warm up.

I'm curious what fitting the cooler itself uses (the thread size).

I'm adding an external cooler to my 88 and have the stock lines for the cooler (the ones with the o-ring seal). Does this kit work with stock style lines? If so, is the cooler available separate?

Or possibly, anyone who has upgraded their setup have their stock cooler left over and want to part with it?

Thanx again for the quick service, Walbro, oil cooler and fittings, OPS ext kit ; all well recieved.

So, which is it, League City or Webster?
I was working the Houston area for 12 years; Freeport to Conroe, Sealy to Mont Belvue.
Lots of great people down there.
Lived near Jersey Village, FM1960... We could put on some coffee and tell some lies, er stories. :rolleyes5:

A bit of a bump here.

I finally got around to installing my lines I'd purchased months ago. Other than a bit of grinding on the exhaust flange, there were no surprises...on the install.

The replacement factory lines that came out were a bit of a surprise. One of the lines was off angle to the flow and looked like it was about to come off!

Whatever you do, pull you factory lines and replace them. Burning Oil, thanks for making these kits available. Yeah, I could have gone to the trouble of assembling all the fittings myself and...wait, no I couldn't.

Again, thanks.

Hey thanks Dan, I see in your signature you have another vendor listed for your Oil cooler kit? Did you buy it from me? sorry I can't remember that far back.
Glad you got her fixed up.
Leroy

Your kit (Leroy) is great. I just wish you had an instruction like," using a sawzall, bolt cutters, or a cutoff tool, remove old hoses... don't try to save this old junk, as it WILL be trashed and you can't sell it on flea-bay."

Of course, if you had worked for GM and made them put this system on at the factory, you'd get nothing back.

thought i would give an update on your kit. installed it this spring, rightbefore a jaunt to idaho,to california, back to ID from CA, then back to KS. no leaks, all and all pretty good deal. good thing we changed them too, as they were seeping pretty good at the block connection.

I would recommend everyone to do something about their OEM lines, as they are a problem.

Back