• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ENGINE OIL COOLER 2wd and 4x4 !!!!

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
$199.00 + shipping. This is a brand new ENGINE OIL COOLER and HOSES. Complete kit For 2wd and 4x4 trucks, 1988-2000 Gas or diesel. The cooler is a direct bolt in using the factory oil cooler brackets. Made to replace the stock cooler. The hoses are Stainless Steel braided and teflon lined. Hoses have #8 female swivel flare on each end. The fittings on the block are 90 degree 3/8" pipe to #8 flare/JIC or 1/2" pipe to #8 flare/JIC. Both sizes are included in the kit. The cooler has 1/2" female fittings. The kit will come with all the fittings needed to hook the hoses to the cooler and engine block.

BONUS:!! You also get a free plastic spiral wrap/covering for the hoses. They will help guard against the hoses rubbing on other parts.

Kit is for 2wheel drive and 4x4 trucks. Will work on gas and diesel powered trucks.

Why buy this kit?

This kit is made in North America.

The original cooler lines are very prone to leak at the crimped connections.

The original aluminium lines are known to crack or the retaining clip can rub a hole in them.

The original replacement lines and cooler are expensive and you get the leak prone hoses/lines again.

The original lines use an "Oring" seal and it is easy to over tighten and damage the oring.

stainless oil lines 001.jpg

stainless oil lines 004.jpg

stainless oil lines 005.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some more pictures. These are from the install on my 4x4.

The fittings on the cooler. I used one 45 degree and one straight fitting. Wrap alittle teflon tape on the fittings.
stainless oil lines 009.jpg
I removed the cooler from the brackets then pulled the hoses out from the front. Seemed to make the job cleaner because oil was not dripping from the cooler.
stainless oil lines 005.jpg
Old cooler removed.
stainless oil lines 004.jpg
Pull the old cooler down and bring the hoses out.
stainless oil lines 003.jpg
New cooler installed. Fits perfectly in the stock brackets without modification.
stainless oil lines 008.jpg

Yes I can do that, you do know they wont work with the stock cooler, right?
That is unless you have found an adapter.
$100 + shipping

will yours work on a Grumman Olsen P30 step van?
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?t=20580

Do have a factory one on there now? 6.2/6.5?
i am thinking it should fit, but cant know for sure as I've never done a van.
Do you have a picture of the cooler? Can you messure the length of the hose you would need or messure the mounting point dimentions. I can have a custom hose made up if needed.

Its a 94 6.5 non turbo. lines are just like the factory junk the pick ups have, ill grab some pics when the truck comes in. thank you!

If it has the same mounting as your truck does then it will work, just need to know how long hoses need to be. If the mounting is alittle different you could modify the brackets to work. I did that on the trans cooler side. it was very easy to do.

Back