• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine harness under intake?

94blazer

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a new one? or at least a new connector for the optical on the IP? I dont like how brittle all of it is, including the wire loom itself.

The harness is a stanadyne part. Local stanadyne approved injection shop should be able to get new. Rock auto does sell many of the connectors. Not cheap though. Maybe some one will chime in with the name of the electronics place that sells the connectors for the pmd.

Heath Diesel sells a part of the harness with an improved electronic filter. It plugs right into the IP and goes under the intake. That might be all you need. It also prevents intermitent fishbite.
I can't post the pic, but you can always call him and ask if it's what you need.

I bought one yesterday.

I need basically the whole harness from the firewall forward. I pulled it apart to seal up the valve covers, and half the connectors are so heat baked they literally fell apart in my hands. I found a new weather-guard connector from NAPA for the MAP, but its 25 bucks, and I cant seem to find the connector that plugs in to the optical sensor. looks like 90% of these stupid connectors on the truck are missing the retaining latch already. No wonder it stalls out.

Heath Diesel sells a part of the harness with an improved electronic filter. It plugs right into the IP and goes under the intake. That might be all you need. It also prevents intermitent fishbite.
I can't post the pic, but you can always call him and ask if it's what you need.

I bought one yesterday.

I bought one a few years ago - the one I got was just an AC Delco replacement part - the upgraded version.
You can get them at the dealer cheaper. I felt obligated since Heath told me what my problem was.

Back