• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

End of the year review. Treadwright's

trouttrooper

Big Blocks ROCK!!!
Reaction score
Well I put the final tank of gas in the truck for the year a few days ago and most likely won't be driving it until January.

Purchased Treadwright's Sentinel LT 265/75 R16 E back in March. Put about 6,000 miles on the tires. About 1/2 of that would be running empty or negligible weight in the back. The other half is hauling firewood, 3,000# pickup camper, and horse trailers. When empty the rear tires were at 55psi, loaded I would run around 70-75psi. Summertime temps only peaked in the upper 90's this year. Coldest so far has been 12. Have had zero issues with the tires. Can't tell there's been any tire wear. There is a very very slight hum at highway speeds that I have to really listen for to hear.

I would rate my experience so far as extremely satisfied.

the guard dogs are a great tire. i have been running mine since may. not sure on the milage off hand but it has to be close to 6k as well. i have noticed a little wear but not much and i will say that these suckers HUM! they are very loud going down the road. not as bad as say a superswamper but it is a deffinante hum that you can always hear. over all i love the tires they have very good traction handle well in all types of surfaces from sand to mud, havent hand much to gry them in but they seem well suited to snow as well we have hadabout 6" and i have only had to put her in 4 a couple times but those where situations where 2 just wouldnt do no matter what tires you have (icey hill with no ground speed)

Back