• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Emergency Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DmaxHawk

YOU BOYS LIKE MEX-I-CO?!?!
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this..

Alright guys I've got a race tomorrow that has been advertised all over town for 3 months. This is the big one. Few days ago I dropped off the truck to get a Dual CP3, Fass 150Gph(with filters) lift pump, and Labonte water/meth kit, and HID 6000K on Hi, lows, and fogs installed. when I got it back, check engine light was on along with the glow plug light. Codes: U0100 (lost communication with ECM/PCM) and another one for the glow plug but I cant remember which one it is (believe its U0106..... could be wrong). Alright, symptoms are irratic shifting. Getting on the highway at WOT shifting dances all over the place and usually will bog down the engine. when crusing, the tranny will jump from 6th to 5th then back to 6th.
Anyone have any ideas? I need help as soon as possible.. Thanks in advance guys!
Could the HIDs be screwing the ECM up?

I would check all under hood ECM/TCM connections. If you don't see anything then I would return to the shop that performed the recent work.

I agree with Mackin. Start at those connections first. If you do not find anything obvious that you can easily address yourself, light up that shop that did the work.

Let us know how things work out.

Bud

Alright updates:

Still no go. I was not able to race. Tried driving to the track which is about 35 miles away but the erratic shifting was so annoying, i had to go back and get something else to drive. So far, I have not been able to pinpoint the problem. I did clear the codes and they just came back...I tried unplugging the HIDs but that didnt help. Checked all the connections and nothing seemed to be loose..

One thing I forgot to mention is that upon getting it back I did a WOT run for a short period. near the end of the run, i noticed that the glow plug light shut off then came back on as soon as i let off the throttle :confused:

I'm going to take it back Monday. He still has yet to hook up the water/meth kit. hose was too short.

Also, this kit calls for tapping into the fuel injector wiring. and we cant seem to find the right pins. Any ideas? going to call Labonte tomorrow and see what I come up with. Thanks for the help!

Latest updates:

Was checking the glow plug controller, took off the plug on the passenger side of the box and checked to see if it was dirty then put it back in. Then i turned the ignition on, the glow plug light was off but the check engine light was still on. I then tried to flash a tune. It worked! Then there were no more codes and the truck was running fine. I thought this solved the problem. But I went on the highway, went WOT then after getting up to speed the Check engine light came on along with the glow plug light. Now the glow plug light only comes on when cruising/coasting. If under throttle, it shuts off.

Any ideas?

Sounds like you have a bad glow plug module but I've never heard of it limping the truck before. I went through 4 of those modules on my 04 LLY and it never limped.

Sounds like you have a bad glow plug module but I've never heard of it limping the truck before. I went through 4 of those modules on my 04 LLY and it never limped.

Negative on the limp sir, it has not limped.

There was a reflash for the 2006 model year! Maybe just a reflash at the dealer.

I'm starting to narrow it down to either a bad GPCM or just a reflash. I hope its either one of those and nothing more serious

Have the dealer check to see if they did the glow plug reflash. Or if they did, have them do it again, and see if that takes care of the Glow Plug Control Module issue! Keep us posted!

I had this written down. I do not know if it the right numbers but: 2 updates when new

Y0057 Auto Trans Cooling
06522 Glow Plug Controller reflash

Have the dealer check to see if they did the glow plug reflash. Or if they did, have them do it again, and see if that takes care of the Glow Plug Control Module issue! Keep us posted!

I had this written down. I do not know if it the right numbers but: 2 updates when new

Y0057 Auto Trans Cooling
06522 Glow Plug Controller reflash

Well I took it to the dealer and he looked up to see if there was anything on the problem. There was a bulletin or something im not sure. But he was reading it and it said something like: Investigate U0106 do NOT replace GPCM. Clear codes and return to customer

Sorry for the long wait, been busy getting ready for the harvest.
Final (hopefully) updates... Well I unplugged the GPCM and made sure all the pins were in contact. Plugged it back in and everything was fine. So far its holding. Got the water/meth kit installed and running, now just waiting for an update for the monitor from Dan. Other than that everything is working! Thanks to all of you for your help!

Back