• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electrical kits for 4L80E's

bk95td

6.5 nut job/addict
Reaction score
My computer crashed back before christmas and I lost a link to a site that sold just the electronics for automatic transmissions. It was posted here or in the 6.5 section by another member. Any help finding this site would be great. I need all the electrical parts inside the tranny including the wiring harness. It is on a 94 k3500. I have a link to Bulkparts. They sell all the parts but this other site was a bit cheaper and sold only the electronics. Thanks in advance, Barry

That is exactly the place.:thumbsup: Thank you very much.:tiphat:hurray: I'm glad I held off ordering.:thanks::bow:

I have a parts tranny kind of. I put it on the engine stand to rob the shift solenoids and pressure switch. All the connectors broke when I unplugged them. The tranny in the truck is 4 years older. How brittle are the connectors going to be in that one. And I really didn't feel all that comfortable putting in used parts with more miles than the tranny they were going in. With a fresh fill of tranny fluid costing well over $50 i'm not going to risk having to do it twice. Its pretty easy to replace all the electronic parts once the pan is dropped.
I don't think it would be a dumb move to carry a kit with on your trans continent move. Try to find those parts in the middle of nowhere when you are broke down.

Pics of the Kit

I received The kit from Electrical Advantage The other day. I thought I should post some pics. Everything except the harness was wrapped in it's own bubble wrap bag:thumbsup::thumbsup: The manifold pressure switch is even a AC Delco part. Everthing else looks identical to OE or better:thumbsup:
If you have a 91-93 you will need to order the external harness pigtail to mate with the new style internal connector. The whole kit in the pics was $138 with free shipping. If this doesn't solve my tranny problem at least I know all the internal electronics are good and I have clean fluid and a new filter. I plan on doing a install thread when I get to it:rolleyes5::agreed:

IMG_1924_2.JPG IMG_1925_3.jpg

IMG_1926_4.JPG IMG_1927_5.JPG

IMG_1928_6.JPG IMG_1929_7.JPG

IMG_1930_8.JPG

Barry, I'll be watching for the new thread. I'm still having intermittent TCC lockup problems, which seems to be gradually becoming more frequent. Does this kit have the parts needed to take care of the TC lockup problem I'm having if that's where it ends up being? As far as I know my tranny has never been opened up and it has over 230K miles on the odometer.

I haven't done any troubleshooting yet. I have too many other things apart on my truck at the moment and don't want to get too distracted away from my current project. My mirror project snowballed. The Sub door panels had switches for four windows. I didn't want two unused switches on my door so I found some powered wing widow motors and fabbed mounts and installed them. Since I have the complete interior behind the drivers seat out I'm repairing a sagging headliner cloth and adding in an electrochromatic interior mirror with built-in compass and temperature readout.

Don

This kit came from Oregon.
I need to do it soon. My 92 towing truck needs some shop time badly. This kit will be going in the 94 k3500srw

Well, picked up a kit today myself.

Thing is, now I can't decide if I'm going to throw it n the spares box or just put it in the trans.

I do have to drop the pan and do a fluid/filter change before I go.

The trans has 414000 kms ( as far as I know), but it's running top notch.

Except for the o ring on the case elect plug weeping....

Actually, now that I think of it, Bill is tweaking the trans parameters in my new PCM. It might be worth changing out the parts in the kit "just in case"...

Back