• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electrical gremlins...

Steve93mustanglx

Diesel fanatic!
Reaction score
Hey folks, having a number of electrical issues with the 'Burb. I have a heater blower motor that will not work using the switches on the console. Took it out today, wired direct to batt, works fine. I reinstalled, ran ground wire to chassis and it works that way, too. OK, so I have a ground problem. Makes sense, I just replaced a fuel tank sending unit that still does not read correctly.

I cleaned the ground for the sending unit (no improvement), cleaned the PITA ground under the downpipe which has 2 ground straps to a common bolt (no improvement) and re-cleaned the batt terminals and various other under hood grounds.

What am I missing?

just do a search on "cleaning grounds" in the 6.5 section and you'll find out where they are and what to look for. don't worry, your not alone.

For the blower on high and the fuel gauge check the ground on the engine, right rear head.
Heater / AC control ground is by the behind left side of I/P (Instrument Panel).
There is a relay behind the glove box next to the PCM that is used for blower high as mentioned above, there was an excellent thread on it, but I can't find it.

Try the one on DP:http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187331&highlight=heater

Thanks for the info. I will definitely look at it tomorrow. The problem keeps getting worse- fuel gauge, then aux light near hitch, then heater blower motor. It's getting OLD!

Back