• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electrical gremlin lost all lights, radio memery, everything that is hot 24/7

625fireman

I have injecter-itis
Reaction score
So this morning started GREAT.
Everything that is supposed to be hot 24/7 is dead.....
all lights, head, marker, dome, dash.... etc
radio memory
radio
clock

dug into it I have power at the junction block on the firewall, all the fusible links are good, power on the 8 gauge (IIRC) red wire going thru the firewall.

That is as far as I got though ended up late to work by an hour, ( borrowed dads truck)

Any one got any ideas on where to go next????????

So this morning started GREAT.
Everything that is supposed to be hot 24/7 is dead.....
all lights, head, marker, dome, dash.... etc
radio memory
radio
clock

dug into it I have power at the junction block on the firewall, all the fusible links are good, power on the 8 gauge (IIRC) red wire going thru the firewall.

That is as far as I got though ended up late to work by an hour, ( borrowed dads truck)

Any one got any ideas on where to go next????????

Where are you grounding with your test light? if its grounded to the Battery then it will tell you nothing, Ground to the engine and test then ground to the Body and test, I suspect you have a bad ground

Test light was on both battery and body made no difference same readings.
In my hasty (pissed off) mood when I posted this am I forgot to mention everything else works fine..................
Starts up fine,
drives,
shifts,
blower motor works,
wipers,
brake lights,
gauges read,
turn signals,
etc......

I dont remember a ground under the battery but will look for that one.

Nope not switch either.
5 hours later got it fixed..................
Finally found it after tearing the dash apart and chasen wires back, there is a plug connection behind the glovebox that got too hot. It is not in the GM repair manuals though. I looked and looked thru them and it showed every power supply coming in thru by the colmunm. Apearntly cab and chassis have a different power feed setup. I looked at my other 94 c&c and it has the same setup. It is a black connector with 3 wires in it. One red 8 gauge and 2 smaller wires. This power feeds the radio memory,clock, and lights. So FYI to all the cab and chassis owners the GM repair manuals dont always pertain to our trucks. Oh well nother lesson learned on the 6.5's..............................

OH!! if you would have said it was a C&C I could have told you that was the problem, Yea right.

Glad you got it fixed.

Yep Louis its back together, but aint hard to find the plug right in with the ECM and VSB bout the size of a Zippo. 3 wires in and 3 out. black plug. I will try to get a pic next time I am in there, need to blower motor sometime it dont work on low or medium.

Thanks for the input guys.

Back