• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electric doorlocks don't work but....

Fysh Guide

Fysh Guide
Reaction score
Here's one I'm trying to figure out. It seems that the electric doorlocks in my truck don't work most of the time. The remote entry does about half the time although the back window release does not at all. To add frustration to it, it seems the key in tailgate must have broken off with the previous owner. Mine will go in about 2/3's, no more, so I can't access the back except over the seat:cuss:. Is there a way I can open the back from inside like hotwiring it, or better yet, does anyone know if there is a specific relay that can be replaced for these symptoms?
Thanks
Dan

If you're looking for a quick easy way, just make a copy of your key and cut off the end of it. Just don't cut off too much, it's better to have to keep grinding a little more off. Then you can get it open to work on it right, if there really is part of a key broken off in there.

I just fixed it! I checked Alldata troubleshooting and it had a note to check the cigarette lighter fuse. It was blown, so I R&R'd and voila, all is back to normal. Sometimes it's the simplest stooopid things..... :eek::smash:

I just fixed it! I checked Alldata troubleshooting and it had a note to check the cigarette lighter fuse. It was blown, so I R&R'd and voila, all is back to normal. Sometimes it's the simplest stooopid things..... :eek::smash:

Be careful with this. I am running in the same problem n trying to figure out why it keeps blowing. The door locks click but will not open or lock.....

Back