• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

electric door locks issue

SSduramax

should be workin'...
Reaction score
Any body got an idea why the rear door locks on my CC work only intermitently? :confused:
sometimes when you hit the unlock switch the back doors will unlock like they are supposed to.
But most times they will not unlock, you have to reach back and manually unlock them.
Sometimes you can lock and unlock a couple of times and they will work then but most time not.

This is getting to be a pain in the butt

question#1. which button the key fob or the one on the drivers door?
question #2. does the temperature of humidity have and effect on it?

q #1 - both (either front door or the fob) sometimes you can toggle the door button or fob a couple times and it will unlock other times you have to reach back and do it manually.

q #2 - That I havent noticed it just seems sporadic but I will start paying attention to the temp and humidity when i try them.

I would check the door jam area of the rear door on the drivers side and make sure the child safety switch is all the way over and not in the middle. The switch is on the door itself.

Sometimes the plastic clip that holds the rod in the actuator wears out. Listen to see if the actuator is working in the door, but not unlocking. If you can hear the actuator clunk, but no movment from the lock you might check the clips inside the door.

Sometimes the plastic clip that holds the rod in the actuator wears out. Listen to see if the actuator is working in the door, but not unlocking. If you can hear the actuator clunk, but no movment from the lock you might check the clips inside the door.

This sounds possible but it does it on both back doors at the same time.
and yes most of the time I can hear movemtent in side the door. they seem to want to lock but just not unlock. :wtf:

maybe next week when I get a chance, I will take off a door panel for a few days and watch it.

By the way, they worked fine this morning. I will check again this afternoon when it is hotter.

have you tried the pass switch? when you hit the switch it signals the bcm to unlock the rear doors. you could be losing comm with the bcm and the driver door module. that is why when it happens try the pass door because it runs off a differant module, and differant communication line.

i take that back, the pass door module is your ant/reciever for your keyless entry, assuming you are using the gm key fob. if that is the case looks like a bcm, or data line to the relays that operate the rear door lock actuators.

i take that back, the pass door module is your ant/reciever for your keyless entry, assuming you are using the gm key fob. if that is the case looks like a bcm, or data line to the relays that operate the rear door lock actuators.

I don't like the sound of that :banghead: and yes, I am using the original key fob.

I tried it again this after noon, they worked fine, but it wasn't real hot or humid.
It seems they only don't work when I need to get in the back seat for something. :eek:ut:

Back