• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electir Brakes Frozen?

06HD2500LLY

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Reaction score
Do electric brakes get frozen up? I thought they ran on magnets? I went to pull my TT out this past winter and she wouldnt budge and had to leave it where she is till I go back up north in September. My question is, should I just drag it down the road till it breaks free or start tearing the wheels off. Keep in mind option two is not the way I want to go. Thanks

BTW the heading is supposed to say Electric...its early out here :)

go with truckie's suggestion, electric or not moisture still gets in there and seizes the shoes to the drum, if it still will not break free try a few hundread feet on dry pavement with your BC turned to max and using the manual slide and keep working it,, then back up and do it again,,still no workie?? get the jack out and pull'em,,,,,,,,good luck!

You could crawl underneath and back off the adjusters, take it for a short ride using the BC to knock the corrosion off the drums and shoes then readjust. If not your going to have to pull them.

Back