• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGT drop with new exhaust

bighawg

Proud Rider of the Short Bus
Reaction score
How much temperature drop can you expect with a 4" turbo back kit.
Mine run between 700 and 800 cruising at 55-60. Banks 6 gun on SL. It will get to 1500 in a hurry in hot weather when you start kicking it around.

My exhaust is stock but looking to upgrade this week.

You should see a 150-200 degree difference up top, you may not notice as much of a change in your cruising egt's.

With a downpipe and 4" turbo back (w/muffler) - I had a 100 or so degree drop towing 5K today. My air filter is filthy too, so I hope for improvement when I replace it this weekend.

You will see some drop.But surprisingly enough,it isn't as much as you would think.100-200 is about average I believe!

I'm hoping that it will drop some on the top end. Mine gets to 1500 pretty quick when I'm standing on it. Thanks guys for the input.

I saw 100 deg at cruise and over 200 near 1300 deg. at top. It is worth installing. I have heard a boost stick drops temps. also.

Back