• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR

jcool

#78 A(ACLU) FNG
Reaction score
I was looking to get another opinion on my 02 jetta tdi. originally the car would have a surge in idle, blowing white smoke. upon acceleration it would blow HEAVY black smoke unless at full throttle. I unhooked the vacuum line from the egr valve and it runs great now. while it was running terrible I pulled the code P0402 egr flow excessive, still currently have that code as active. I plan on pulling my egr and intake manifold to give them a good cleaning but could the problem also be in the vacuum system? no hurry, I was rear ended the other day so the car will be in the body shop.....:(

So I got my hands on a 20k snap on diagnostics tool and was able to narrow the problem down to a malfunctioning MAF(now replaced) and a leaky vacuum system(next weeks project) no longer have any codes, egr cycles great now that the MAF works. Seems to have more power than when I bought the thing too.... oh and I smoked an lbz -tuned- dmax yesterday..... by 4 car lengths...... er and the trailer he was towing lol....

Back