• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR Blocker

Power: not really
Reliability: Yes. Preventing soot from going back into your intake is always a good thing.
Mileage: To me, no. I sticked and blocked over the winter and my mileage went down about 1.5 mpg. I think it was due to the fact I have a short commute, and the EGR blocker make the engine warm up a little slower than normal.

Didn't notice any gains in power but even if I did it could be the fact I'm always tinkering with efi live.

My theory, being a former vw tdi owner, is this could happen. I mean they both dump the egr into the intake right so I think the same could occur.
http://buncombe.main.nc.us/~emaglott/pp022/index.htm

Blocking it will prevent any possibility of this happening which is a good thing! :D

Blocking it also may make your pcv valve seep oil. No idea why but it can be a double edge sword. Mine is stock and functioning normally. I never blocked it on my 04 LLY either.

So GM isn't haveing the same problems as Ford with there EGR? Also I am rrying to find who sells EFI Live if you guys know a good dealer I need to get it ordered before I leave for home so I can play while I am home.

I bought mine from McRat Racing. I love my McRat tunes. I never come off of my race tune. I have towed 15,000lbs with the race tune and I had no problem with EGT's. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. You should pay right around 750 for EFI live with 2 free tunes from who ever you get it threw.

Back