• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

egr block off

kramer56

Recruit
Reaction score
ok so I have seriously thinking about blocking off my egr valve lately with the PPE block off plate, and going turbo back downpipe. I already have a magnaflow cat back. You guys have any suggestions that I can check into. Will the egr thingy benefit me at all even in cold weather up here in NY. Right now I am running 100% bio-diesel but will change back int the late fall. I have some credit at XDP.com and I want to go turbo back I think, is alot louder tho I think it loud now with just a kitty back. Any help guys and what should I do, oh will I need to get anything else for the egr or is the plate enough?

I think the main reason for a blockoff plate is to reduce the soot and other contaminants in the exhaust from re-entering the engine, especially with smoky tuning. You will probably have to get a fingerstick so it doesn't throw a code.

X2... though if you've got an FE9 truck, you may not get a SES or CEL. Your tuner may allow you to override any codes - not sure about PPE. Keeping the soot out of your high dollar diesel engine is the first and foremost concern. When you get it blocked off, you'll likely see less black smoke.

As for the cat delete - does NY have inspections? If not, you'll definitely want to do this - you'll really drop your EGT's... plus pick up a few ponies and a nice respectable rumble to boot.

Good luck!

soif i block it and try it before I get a fingerstick will it do anything to the truck performance if it has a code. When I unplug my egr valve on a cold engine i do not get any codes, but someone said it causes the crankseeals to leak(any truth). No codes tho.

no you will be fine. it will just set a light if anything. and i have been blocked for some time and no leaks yet. maybe that somebody was thinking of the pcv system. and seals leaking if it was plugged up. d/k.

OK now for the turbo downpipe or turbo back if you will, will deleteing the kitty throw a code or will my PPE take care that. I think i wanna turbo back instaed of my already catback. I think all i need is the frontpipe from magnaflow. But do i need a code eliminator as well, i have heard of them but know shit about them. That credit at xpd.com is burning a whole in my eyes, I can't get that site lately. lol

Assuming you get any. I never got any codes with my 04 after removing the cat. You'll probably get lucky Ted.

Soon as saw the egr blocker post i new randy would chime in.One of the best mods yet . Lower egts less smoke and better spooling.You cant go wrong for the 10 mins it takes to put it in. Was one of the luckey ones not having thrown a code.

The blocker plate was one of the first mods that I did to my truck. The advice given above is correct; it is unlikely that you will get a CEL even without a programmer; the PPE will make sure that you don't.

Soon as saw the egr blocker post i new randy would chime in.One of the best mods yet . Lower egts less smoke and better spooling.You cant go wrong for the 10 mins it takes to put it in. Was one of the luckey ones not having thrown a code.

Didn't want to disappoint you... :cornut:

Hey Randy does the blocked resonator help out,louder whistle or increased spooling, or just insurance to keep out debris?

Hey Randy does the blocked resonator help out,louder whistle or increased spooling, or just insurance to keep out debris?

Someone (don't remember who) claimed a 3 RWHP gain... but I did it to prevent the debris, it's slightly louder, and the theory behind the resonator may be good... but look under the hood of any police interceptor and you won't find a single one anywhere.

I figure if the po po's don't use 'em, I won't either. :coolgleamA:

This is why you should block the EGR
Picture009-1.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture012-2.jpg

now just unplugging the egr on a cold engine does the same thing or no? or do i need to buy the block off plate and do i need a thin or thick plate?

Back