• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EFI live on multiple laptops?

boomz55

Reaction score
I got a question for you guys,
i have the efi live v2 and have been using it on one certain laptop. i now have another laptop i want to use with the progrmmer. i downloaded the newest software and when i try to open the tune tool it says the drivers arent correct.
I tried to follow support from efi live with no luck.
I guess my question is can the tuner be used with multiple computers?
If so do i have to buy another license to run on this new computer?
And finally if i set it up with this new computer can i still go back and hook it up to the old computer when i want and use it with that one also?
I want to be able to use the programmer on both laptops if possible and guess i better make sure i can before i go any farther and disable use on the first computer.
Thanks for the help
Boomz

ok yes you can use multiple lap tops to use the software the information is stored in teh flash scan cable itself. as far as the drivers not working on the newer one you have to install the usb drivers correctly to fix that problem... I have not had that issue before so I cant help you with fixing that. once you get that done make sure the firmware is all up to date and the software is the same on all the computers. then you should be good to go. you only need to buy licenses when you are trying to program new ECMs or new vehicles.

good deal,
I guess i just need to figure out how to install the usb driver. :noidea:
if anyone knows an easy way please let me know. the wizard that pops up will not do it so i think i am goint to have to manually do it.
Thanks for the help!!!

you may find a file on the efi live web site that specifically handles the drivers. or you may have to plug the flash scan into the computer then go to the hardware profile and find it in there then manually make it look for the drivers

Got it

I got it covered. all is up and running on the new computer.
i attaced some info that helped and got me going step by step.
Thanks again for the help.
Time to get tuning.

Back