• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EFI Gasser Tunes, 5.3L

'08 5.3 gasser

looking for a tune. what kind of hp can a person get/expect out of a gasser?

I have a Black Bear tune on my current 03 silverado. It has the 5.3. IT made the truck so much more drivable, the more I drove it the more power I felt. Drives so much better than it did stock. Great customer service. They use EFI live and how it works is you put a deposit down, they send you the equipment, you log your info, send them the info via e-mail, they make a tune, Send you out a tuned PCM, you send back your stock PCM and your good to go.

They dont do diesels yet, but I asked and they hope to start soon.

Black bear tune.

I have a Black Bear tune on my current 03 silverado. It has the 5.3. IT made the truck so much more drivable, the more I drove it the more power I felt. Drives so much better than it did stock. Great customer service. They use EFI live and how it works is you put a deposit down, they send you the equipment, you log your info, send them the info via e-mail, they make a tune, Send you out a tuned PCM, you send back your stock PCM and your good to go.

They dont do diesels yet, but I asked and they hope to start soon.

Black bear tune.

X2!

I am getting a BB tune in April...and an extra PCM so that if I need warranty work...they won't know...

My dad's '06 5.3 is running a tune from Jesse @ wait4meperformance. Jesse builds the tune and either send you an ECM or sends you the file if you have EFILIVE. Pricing was very reasonable when I bought my Dad's tune. He put duals and an intake on so along with Jesse's tune it make a big difference. Mileage was up by about 2-3 which is typical of gassers. If you search GM gasser sites you should see Jesse has a good rep.

Back