• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eating Heater fan switches

mangus580

Reaction score
Our 99 Burb keeps killing heater fan switches. I think I just had the third (used) one fail. The fan likes to 'tick' at lower speeds, but seems to run just fine.

Any ideas what could be causing switch failures? (anyone have a switch????)

my fan has the same problem, ticks when it's on anything except for highest or lowest settings. havent had any problems with the switch yet though and its been doing it over a year. anyone else had this problem?

yes, what he said - ticking is a leaf, pine straw or some other form of crap.

If you're eating switches - probably to much amp draw. Replace the motor - brand new one from the zone is less than $30.00 - and that includes new squirrel cage fan.

You could also check the connections on the blower. When I replaced mine one of the spade connectors was melted pretty bad and was loose - this will cause high amp draw also.

Check the connector under the dash going to the blower motor. it may be melted too. You need to change the motor due to high amp draw and check the resistor pack and relays for damage.

Ticking is the motor from worn bearings or just the low speed. Won't hurt anything. Not sure a new one will fix that.

The Autozone made in China $hit is just that. The Delco motors have a twist to the armature where the cheap Chinese skipped that step due to cost. Think your motor is noisy now? Just put in the Communist part and you will be turning up the radio to drown out the noisy motor! I will likely be returning mine due to the extra noise it has vs. Delco I can hear over a cold 6.5!!!

Back