• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

eager beaver trailer

stacks04

McLovin
Reaction score
i have been in the market for a flatbed trailer to move a machine around, and also move some big props for my wife and her business. i found a used eager beaver from a friends employer he wants 800 bucks. needs a new wood deck, but is on over all good condition. it is 18ft, 15 ft flat deck and 3.5ft beavertail. has ramps and electric brakes. oal is 24 ft and has a dry weight of 3500lbs. the gvw is 12000 # so i have to check with the dmv on registration. i do not have a cdl and can only tow 9999#. i have heard of people registering the trailer to 9999 instead of the max gvw so that is what i will do to get it registered. i wont ever tow more that that so i will be fine. the tractor is a small kubota weighing in around 4500#.

thoughts? worth getting?

Sounds like a great price. Shouldn't cost more than a few hundred to redeck. While the deck is off you should give it a good going over and paint it with some POR15 or something similar. Make sure to go through the wheel bearings and brakes. Check the tires real close. They will likely be dry rotted if it was kept outside. For less than 2k you will have a like new trailer. I know I could have licensed my U trailer for lower than I did but I haul pretty heavy so couldn't risk it. Good luck Joe.

dont think it will work. i wont be able to register it and derate the 12k rating. they apparently repealed that law and now goes by max spec. :mad:

Back