• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

E-code lamps

kojo

diesel head
Reaction score
Does anyone know what logic gm has used when putting E-coded lamps (somewhere on lamp surface is letter E inside circle) to some silverados and sierras?

For example my silverado came with turn/park signals which had both sae/dot and E code approvals, like foglamps too, but rear lights are only sae/dot version.

I want to find those E-coded taillamps for my truck (just for being street legal here in finland, lamps looks exactly same).

I'm guessing E is for European(?)

I think the person to PM or see if he chimes in is 88gmctruck (David) he's big into all available anything for his trucks and IIRC he had a set of Europe headlamps at one time...I'm sure he probably knows or could find out for you if they were even used...

The E-code lamps indeed stand for European Code. The only export lights I know of are for the early Silverado and the Tahoe/Suburbans.

GM has export headlamps (which I did have a set of at one time). They are E-code and have a much different light pattern than the US version.
16526137 & 16526138

They also have export tail lamps. I have not seen what they look like.
15224183 & 15224184

I have seen those E-approved taillights, they look identical if compared to sae/dot version.
One guy told all 1999-2002 silverados had E-approved park/turn signal lamps in front, but i dont believe that before someone confirms that.
Reason why i'm intrested about these are Finnish regulations, here everything is good if it has that E inside circle, but for example many US made vehicles need some extra paperwork just to proof that there are brakes, seatbelts will work, they dont make too much noise or emissions etc etc..

Back