• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

dyno'd boat engines /now im disapointed

Good luck, we are all just jealous:drool5: and want to know what it feels like to drop the hammer on 24oo horse's. :cornut:

holding it open is easy ,i just need to finish shimming and hanging the door on the customers ''qvale'' roadster and hanging the front clip on it so it can go get painted,im just getting real tired of getting up at 4-5am to pick up customers cars 4 days aweek then fixing all the computers and trying to work on my projects on sundays,i just hope i can get to go out on it 1 time before the snow flys[these eng's should have been done last fall so i could have put them in last winter when work was slow]

Well something must be going right if you can afford those 3 engines and the boat that goes under them!):h I hear you though it's already June ...summer will be over before you know it!:eek: Keep trudging brother!:smile5:

im waiting for ,bolts,exh gaskets and new valve covers,ive cleaned and painted most engine parts and should have most of them this week,hope to be done by july 3 [this year] and try it out,,i'll take some pics this week

im waiting for ,bolts,exh gaskets and new valve covers,ive cleaned and painted most engine parts and should have most of them this week,hope to be done by july 3 [this year] and try it out,,i'll take some pics this week

Cool :driving::D

heres some teaser pics,just 2 engines,but its a start

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 24
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 20
update,,,,,

just last week finished dressing the 3 engines[done except for the 3 new marine fuel pumps][there on back order],,today i spent all day washing the eng compartment and bolting the rear eng mount bracket in,hopefuly i can get the 3 pumps in by the end of next week and start installing the engines,,but till then i can drain the fuel and fill with fresh prem gas and octane booster,,

Horse power Blues

Ive built engines for most of my cars and boats and wasted lots of money having dynoed some of them only to realize that all dynos are not created equal.They are good to get a base-line result and then start fiddling to improve performance.
I ll bet if you bring your engines to another dyno shop you will get the HP numbers your looking for.

dyno time isn't a waste of time/money in my mind,setting up carbs-timing-valves is a lot easier in a dyno room then in a bilge of any boat ,,and its a great way to load/break-in a high hp engine and it sure beats installing an engine and having to r&r it for something stupid like a seal/water/oil leak[could take 5-20 hrs],,,i can get any hp you want ,its all in how you read the numbers and how you correct the info,,i used pretty conservative corrections ,,i did try some what less loading and got 900+ hp numbers,i'm very confident with my real world hp numbers,my numbers are right,,,o'ya we fiddled on the dyno to get some improvements,but i used a sym dyno program to set-up the project before i turned a wrench[this started out as just freshing up 3 eng's and dropping then back in][ya right][no good deed goes unpunished]

update July 3rd 2010,

2nd eng in place,[only took 3 guys 4.5 hrs] 3rd[last]eng should go in ,in the next week or 2,then i need to put on 3 sets of headers,3 sets of tailpipes,attach 3 throttle cable,3 shifter cables,then add water and fire up 1 engine at a time [just to ck things] ,if everything is ok ,then drive 3 miles to the river and drop it in,i'll post a few pics soon

Last edited:
Back